The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Alexa Rank Vs Google Rank

alec11

affiliate
Before Google Era, Alexa is very popular, every site try to have better rank on Alexa.
but now, I think Alexa era is a little bit down since Google rank will updated frequently.
So, do you choose Alexa rank or Google rank as your traffic statistic ?

Before Google Era, Alexa is very popular, every site try to have better rank on Alexa.
but now, I think Alexa era is a little bit down since Google rank will updated frequently.
So, do you choose Alexa rank or Google rank as your traffic statistic ?

I see our traffics ranking for both ALexa or google.

I think alexa update your traffic ranking quicker than google because for my sites i see results changes within hardly two or three weeks.

I use also Google analytics for our traffics count and it it have also more features than other tools.

You can use it with simple your gmail id.

I think its best now a days and coz its providing by google so it will help for your ranking too, because google is counting your traffics :D

Google Analytics

Alexa is an absolute waste of time as it can easily be manipulated can only counts people who use the Alexa tool bar.

I'm not the biggest fan of PageRank (if thats what you mean by Google rank) but if I had to choose it would be Google's.

KP

The traffic rank on Alexa for your site is not the actual because they give the rank based on the visitor who are using Alexa toolbar. So the site viewed the people who are not using Alexa toolbar will be not be counted in your traffic rank. Alexa toolbar looks like spyware which monitors the site which you visiting and I don't like it.

While in case of Google, they check the backlinks, your site contents and many other things to give the rank to the site. So I prefer to use Google to check rank even though it is not updated frequently. Also you can use Google Analytics through you can check your traffic source and actual visitors for your site.

Regards,

Kailash

It is folly to compare the two. Alexa is a tiny little silly self promoting piece of spyware, while Google is the finest search engine in the world.

As for Alexa being important before google? WHER? before google it was Altavista, hotbot, lycos, all the web webcrawler etc.

Alexa rankng is the easiest to manipulate, install the alexa toolbar - keep opening you site again & again or get a script that does it for you.

In 3 weeks, my site went from 8 million to 50000.

I agree with KP & OWG! It is useless to go by alexa rankings!

also, to keep in mind, apart from webmasters - other folks do not see any use in installing the toolbar as it is useless from their point of view.

And that segment (general internet user/ consumer) is bigger than webmaster segment!

To be frank i never care about alexa rank. I head that through few techniques anyone get higher rank in alexa, not sure about this.

DON.

A pagerank is google's way of telling how many backlinks, links and referals a site has. The better rating the better you are in google.

Alexa is an absolute waste of time as it can easily be manipulated can only counts people who use the Alexa tool bar.

I'm not the biggest fan of PageRank (if thats what you mean by Google rank) but if I had to choose it would be Google's.

KP

I agree. Our statistics changed dramatically when a couple of our regular customers updated their browser and didn't opt to keep the Alexa toolbar.

KP

Many don't believe this comment, but if you access real statistics from more than one site you will quickly agree, Alexa numbers are crap.

As per me If my site is ranking well in google and It is being visited, I am satisfied. Don't bother for alexa rank. I do not heared about google traffic rank. Are you talking about google analytics? (it gives total no of visits not traffic rank).
Also I am not aware about any other tool or site which gives traffic ranking other than alexa. Are you? Please update me.

Regards
John

the only way to get alexa to show better results is to put the traffic rank icon on your site... wrap it in a tag like if you want to hide it

<div style="display:none"> code here </div>

and anyway alexa and pagerank arnt even comparable as one is the likley hood a viewer will find your site (pagerank) and the other is a count of how many people that visited your site.

also i normally get to rank 400k+ just by developing a website so thats a good indentation of how silly the stats are... pagerank is not much better ether thanks to text link brokers... the insurence salesman of the internet....

The problem is, Alexa is where marketing companies like adbrite look when pricing links on your site. Adtegrity and Valueclick use it as well, as a method of choosing whether or not to be accepted as a publisher.

I take a look at both of the ratings because i believe that they both count sometimes.

I prefer the Google rank overal.

~ Mike

Actually, I don't care much about Alexa Ranking because like what others have said, it's a spyware.. Aside from that, it's not much reliable because visitors that view your site but don't have installed Alexa Toolbar will not be counted or considered as a point in your traffic ranking.

I'd rather choose Google Page Rank (PR) over Alexa Ranking because some webmasters use this as one of their basis for exchanging links. They want to receive same PR link page as what they provide to their link partners.

banners
Back