The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Alexa now counting more..

temi

affiliate
I have just noticed that Alexa has added about 5 million more to the number of sites they rank. In the past it never seem to get past 5 million but have a look at Alexa ranking of phplbs at over 8 million. I saw a site earlier with Alexa ranking of 9 million plus. How exciting

It's actually not the number of sites they rank but number of internet users who sends queries to Alexa one way or another.

Probably because more and more webmasters using Alexa to estimate the traffic that's why this number went up...

Quite righ skinner, but Alexa is one of the most useless / inacurate ways to estimate traffic.

I saw one of my new sites having 7122198 alexa rank, and this was couple weeks back!

So, not surprising!
Btw agree, alexa ranking is not that useful..

According to Alexa my visitor popularity has gone down. In the last 2 months it has doubled :D I just told everyone that the alexa toolbar is spyware (which it is), so they stopped using it :D

I think the kind of site you can use Alexa to measure is a webmaster site... most webmaster install Alexa and they don't use AOL... Alexa still does not count AOL users

banners
Back