The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Alexa Bag of ****

RiverWire

affiliate
Alexa is a bit of a joke in my opinion and held in such hi respects in some webmasters eyes, which also adds value to a site (which i cant see why)

As you all know ive been running my Tottenham Hotspur site for nearly a year now, through out last season i had a steady 300 - 500 uniques a day my alexa ranking was around 950000 which i know isnt good but i was hoping to improve on that and looked at it as a goal of mine.

Now the Football season has just started and everyones gone mad, the site's hitting 500 - 1000 uniques aday now which is great, adsense revenue has gone upto to resemble the boost in people, more people in the forums posting good articles it's getting towards what i want it to be, also with good rankings in serps for a hell of a lot of keywords im really pleased.

But since this hike in traffic my alexa ranking has taken a dive lol to 1183819

Ive also before the hike in traffic installed the alexa banner on the homepage and installed the toolbar, is there something else that can affect it ?

Or is it just that all the sites that where behind me have just got busier too? just alot busier than me .

Whats your views on Alexa ?

Probably most of your visitors do not have Alexa installed........ most of the time only webmasters install alexa....

Alexa is a bit of a joke in my opinion and held in such hi respects in some webmasters eyes, which also adds value to a site (which i cant see why)
I personally do not hold much (if any) value in alexa traffic. My directory SEO Friendly General Directory - allskytv.com had a traffic ranking of less thank 100k. Each month since launch traffic has close to doubled compared to each previous month. So you might expect it would have a pretty great alexa rank by now, but no its actually dropping a few k here and there.

I think the reason for this is that people with alexa toolbar installed are mostly webmasters and webmasters are only a small percentage of the entire web population a lot of my traffic comes from search engines. I guess most general users don't use alexa toolbar.

MI
Back