The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Alcoholism blog question on traffic

schleprock

I have a blog about alcohol dependence, ragingalcoholic.com, I cannot get certified so I cannot run FB, Bing, or Google ads to a telephone number. So the targeting I need to be profitable is not available to me.

If I run a Native Ads campaign to increase traffic to my blog, I cannot monetize with adsense. Or can I? (that is a possible monetization model, if it is permissible by Google)

I am also thinking of putting a ClickBank offer on it, for neuroplasticity and addiction. I looked at BuzzSoumo and it gave me 1 result for the phrase. So it is not a hot topic.

Instead of scrapping this blog do you think I can use some Native advertising to get some money out of it. How would I accomplish that? How can I monetize it or drive traffic to it if I cannot bid on exact keywords. Bidding on broad KWs will drive traffic but it doesn't convert. Broad KWs at about a dollar per visitors is way too much money to pay for about the 30 bucks the ClickBank offer pays.

(I keep saying I am going to scrap (take down or re-purpose the domain) but I just don't seem able to. Is there a way to save this thing or is is just worthless)

1. You can use native ads on PPC instead of adsense.

2. You should use pharma products from CPA networks on COD and PPS

Thanks for answering.
All the native ads networks I have looked at don't seem to do any KW targeting.
(Taboola, Outbrain, etc. I found a post that showed the major ones)

I'm looking in the "traffic sources" area now. maybe that will help.

this just came down on a twitter feed I am watching
Two different cannabis compounds make a difference in how much alcohol someone drinks | Newswise: News for Journalists
A preliminary study looked at the effects of two cannabinoids – delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), and cannabidiol (CBD) – on drinking and craving. The study found that higher levels of THC are associated with greater co-use of alcohol, whereas CBD-based products may be associated with lower levels of alcohol co-use

They would have a general interest in nutrition after they stop drinking. Nutrition is a big part of successfully stopping. But. If they are in withdrawal or maybe just hung over at the time, they likely won't care about what they eat.

I think if I go with the "neuroplasticity" Clickbank offer I will need at least get my ads in front of people who are interseted in "addiction" or "alcoholism" or possibly even just "neuroplasticity".

But if I use the Clickbank offer, it only pays 30 bucks. So i cannot afford to pay 0.30 cents per visitor.
If I get a phone number from MarketCall, it pays about 300 bucks, so I can spend more. But people don't call phone numbers unless they are hurting right now. So i would need to be able to advertise much more aggressively than Bing, FB, or Google will allow me to. I am only a lead generator, so I can't use the targeting necessary to get people to call.

Are there any Native advertisers out there who allow a broad "niche" level KW targeted audience. Like "alcoholism" or "alcohol dependence" or anything else along those lines.

Also, almost all my traffic comes from Mobile. When a person has a hangover, they tend to come to my post on hangovers, if they have diarrhea they come to my post on diarrhea from alcohol consumption.

So they are not window shopping, they are looking for answers to an immediate problem.

On the other hand, I could go with Native ads and try to hit people who want to know why their husband/dad/mother is such a drunk and how neuroplasticity plays into that.
(Also, there is a little window shopping in alcohol recovery, at least I did anyway. So my above statement is a little bit exaggerated)

What do you think?

is it possible to send a Push notification to a cell phone that has just searched for "alcohol problem" or some similar KW.
I have already made 2 LPs, one for a phone call and the other for neuroplasticity.

I am hoping to find a way to save this site but I need to figure out what traffic I can send and to which offer. Or I need to abandon it and start learning how to use Pure Lander (or something like it) to make LPs for pop under traffic on mobile. (Does pop under still work, or is it all Push now)

Again, I really want to save this site. It's sort of my "baby". But if I cannot save it, than I need to cut it loose and get started on learning how pop under or Push traffic works and what offers go best. I need to get moving forward.

Thanks Graybeard and everyone else. I just singled out Graybeard because he saves my ass alot.

Well, don't expect "addicted to ____" keyword targeting to exist.
Would alcoholics/recovering alcoholics have a general interest in health supplements/nutra?

MI
Back