The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Affiliate Summit Miami 2007 News Videos & Pictures

Linda Buquet

affiliate
The PRE Summit thread ended up being 6 pages long,
discussing everything form who's going to what to expect when you get there.

So I decided to break it off and start a new thread for
current Summit news, blogs and pictures from the event.

Below is a list of places where you can keep up with all the Summit fun.
I'll be adding to this list and bringing all the blogs I can find about the Summit to your attention here.

I SCOUR THE WEB for SUMMIT NEWS - SO YOU DONT HAVE TO! :p

Jim Kukral is running the official Summit blog LIVE from the event.
Affiliate Summit Blog

Lots of Summit people are "twittering" their minute-by-minute shenanigans.Here are a couple of the main players but if you know someone's forum screen name or site name you can find more twitterers.
Shawn Twitter / affiliatetip
Sam Twitter / samharrelson
Jim Twitter / jimkukral

Video of co-founder Missy Ward talking about the money affiliates are raising for the March of Dimes, this year's Summit charity.
Affiliate Summit Benefits March of Dimes at Affiliate Summit Blog

Summit parties started on Friday night carried into Saturday morning and started again Saturday night.Sounds like everyone had lots of good eats and a great time.

LOVE this great quote Kukral picked up in the hotel lobby Saturday night by made by an unnamed Affiliate Jedi...
?Shoemoney? (laughs), they should call ME shoemoney for as many shoes as I?ve sold in the last 12 months.?

More coming soon. I'll keep adding info as I find it.
Feel free to add to this thread if you are blogging from the show,
find good blogs about the Summit or if you have pictures to share with us.

Hi Qoof,

I'm not at Summit but I read a blog saying Qoof really impressed him
at the Summit. I think it was Kukral that said it.

Are you having a good show so far? Is traffic good through the
tradeshow area?

Lisa Picarille over at the Revenue Blog has a good overview of the Missy Roast and the ShareaSale party.

Brian took a pie in the face??? :p
Please someone elaborate on that???

The ShareASale Slice of the Pie ? RevenueToday

Lisa has a live web cam at the booth, so you can pretend you are in her booth helping out and see everyone that stops by. Pretty cool!

revenuelisap - Stickam
Click to make video screen bigger. It's pretty small.

Jim's going to have a live web cam going soon too.

Have to take off and take A family member to the Dr. and maybe hospital, so you guys go ahead and add Summit news to this thread if I'm gone for awhile. (Larwee is here while I'm gone if you have any questions.)

More blogs and videos are starting to get put up as the Summit hits critical mass,
so if you find something good please post it.

Thanks! Back as soon as I can.

Hi Qoof,

I'm not at Summit but I read a blog saying Qoof really impressed him
at the Summit. I think it was Kukral that said it.

Are you having a good show so far? Is traffic good through the
tradeshow area?

I hope everything goes well for your family member and that it's nothing serious. Keep us posted.

My team at the show is reporting some great news and have gotten some very positive feedback. Well worth attending!

I'll try to post some show feedback when the boys get back to town after the show.

Thanks for reporting and starting this thread.

Thanks, it ended up being a bad case of food poisoning. They are testing to be sure its not ecoli or anything super nasty. But she'll be OK.

Look forward to the report from the guys!

Good to see WebProNews is covering the Summit and covering it very well I might add.
Here is what I've found so far.

Great video interview with with Pete Wellborn of Wellborn and Wallace LLC who was one of the main speakers on ?What you don?t know may hurt you?. Wellborn talks about how third parties can make you liable.

Click to Play
<iframe width="336" height="251" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="http://videos.webpronews.com/video/frame2.php?movie_name=aspete07" /> </iframe>​

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Commentary on the session discussed above.

VERY IMPORTANT: Ads And Liability
"Pete Wellborn said most lawyers don't know about affiliate programs and they don't understand Internet law. He said the government has put a bull's eye on affiliate programs with the Federal Trade Commission calling the shots.

He touched on vicarious liability saying you are generally liable for a contractor's acts and the Federal Trade Commission has strict liability for acts of affiliates."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Contextual Advertising Options | WebProNews

"Joel Comm weighed various contextual advertising options at Affiliate Summit"

WebProNews is really doing some great PROFESSIONAL videos of Summit coverage.

Here's an interview with Jay Berkowitz, CEO of TenGoldenRules.com, about everything from WEB 3.0, widgets, podcasts and other new technologies as well as sharing some critical strategies for affiliate marketing.

<a href="http://videos.webpronews.com/2007/07/09/affiliate-summit-jay-berkowitz-on-strategies-for-affiliate-marketing/">Affiliate Summit: Jay Berkowitz on Strategies For Affiliate Marketing</a>

<iframe width="336" height="251" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="http://videos.webpronews.com/video/frame2.php?movie_name=asjay07" /> </iframe>
Click to Play​

Google's New Affiliate Network, DoubleClick Performics, made a big announcement at Affiliate Summit today.

Press Release: <strong>DoubleClick Performics Expands Affiliate Marketing Suite, Offer Self Managed Option for Emerging Advertisers and Outsourced Program Managers</strong>

MIAMI (<a target="_new" href="http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070709005289&newsLang=en">BUSINESSWIRE</a>) DoubleClick Performics (www.performics.com), the performance marketing division of DoubleClick Inc., today unveiled AffiliateDirect at Affiliate Summit in Miami. Now, for the first time, emerging online retailers and program managers not associated with DoubleClick Performics can license the company?s industry leading affiliate marketing technology and access the DoubleClick Performics Affiliate Network.

Great new video over at WebProNews...

Sam Harrelson talks about the relationship between affiliate marketing
and social networking sites.

<iframe width="336" height="251" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="http://videos.webpronews.com/video/frame2.php?movie_name=assam07" /> </iframe>​

Google?s Product Manager, Rob Kniaz in the interview below with WebProNews, talks about the Summit feedback they have gotten and how affiliates can work with Google.

<iframe width="336" height="251" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="http://videos.webpronews.com/video/frame2.php?movie_name=asrob07" /> </iframe>​

Shoemoney, interviewed at Summit - talks about when to start monetizing a site and how to curb forum and blog spam.

<iframe width="336" height="251" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="http://videos.webpronews.com/video/frame2.php?movie_name=asjeremy07" /> </iframe>​

banners
Back