The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Affiliate Program Management

brady70

affiliate
Hi everyone. I am new to affiliate programs. In the perspective of developing an affiliate program for your website, it is better to go and do it by yourself or hire an affiliate program management. I am kind of scare since I do not know anything about affiliate programs and were to start. Thanks

Hi Brady,

Many do it themselves but if you don't know what you are doing it can cost you most in lost time and revenue and mistakes, then it would to just have a pro do it. Affiliate management companies I refer out to charge $3,000 - $5,000 a month though, so for smaller companies that is not always cost effective.

A good middle of the road solution is to join an affiliate network. They provide the technical tracking, pay affiliates and offer lots of support. They aren't going to give you a personal manager to run your program unless you pay extra, but they provide the infrastructure that makes it easier to do it yourself.

The lowest cost, yet GOOD affiliate network is Shareasale. Here is some info about them on my tracking solutions page. Affiliate Software - Affiliate Networks

Thank You. Shareasale looks very nice to start an affiliate program and as you did mention has low starting cost. Will consider them very seriously when I have finished my affiliate program planning.

banners
Back