The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Affiliate program for blog

KKM

affiliate
If I do not own any pdts but I do have a blog, can I own a affiliate program? And what is the best way to get to it? There are so many to choose from. But which are reliable?

And how do I increase traffic to it?

Thanks. :p

KKM, what is your blog about? Knowing this can help give an idea as to what might give you the best results.

I notice you are in Singapore. What countries are presently providing you with your traffic?

What goals do you have in mind for your blog?

KKM, I located your blog from your signature and took a look at it. I see you are using AdSense.

I also noticed that your site states are available for the public. You are only getting about 5 visitors to your blog a day. The first thing you need to do is to increase your traffic. You need traffic in order to convert any advertising. In addition, there are some who have certain traffic requirements before they will accept you into their program.

Take a look at this thread which will help you find many ways to increase your blog traffic http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/showthread.php?t=2769

Hi Larwee,

I actually got no idea at all. I am very new to all these and exploring my ways. I started my blog not long ago and learnt how to put in all those stuff. So I can said I am really really an amateur on this. But I am really keen to know what works best so I ponder over this forum, which is great for me.

I am not sure how to increase traffic to my blog 2. What I am doing is try try try. :)

Did you check the link I gave you in my post above? Here is a direct link to what was talked about in that thread http://www.seomoz.org/blogdetail.php?ID=1347 You said you had no idea how to increase traffic to your blog. This link provides 21 suggestions on ways to increase traffic. If you take a close look you might some that might be helpful to you.

Of course if you are real new, it is likely that you might not understand some of what is covered in those 21 tips. But there are many other methods to get traffic besides the ones covered.

5 Star is a good place to get help. Ask specific questions on anything you feel you need help and our friendly members can help you.

Hi Larwee,

I did check on the link. It is informative. Now I got step 1 & 2. But I do not understand on step 3. What is title Tag about? How should I include it in my blog?
Ohh... the article said it hate Adsense and I am using it. Oh My. What should I do?

I took a very quick look. It seems as if you have a title tag of Around The World. When a person visits your blog, that is what is shown in the blue strip at the very top of the browser. Search engines also use it.

There are many blogs that make very good money with AdSense. There are others that don't do as well. That is one of those things that you will need to see just how it works for you. I would give AdSense a chance to see how it performs for you.

Keep in mind, that it is going to take traffic in order to achieve reasonable results no matter what you use. At the moment, getting more traffic to your site is an important issue.

Ic ic... Got what u mean.

Ok, I will try how Adsense works. Anyway, I still got alot to learn.
The most important is to get traffice to my website first right? I will try to do tat and monitor it.

Is there any guage what the timeframe for me to see any results?

KKM, since you have been getting 5 visitors or less per day it is very important that you work on getting more traffic.

Simple things such as adding more content and making your blog more interesting are among the many things you can do to help increase your traffic.

As far as seeing results, you might want to set a goal for yourself. You might want to aim for 25 visitors per day. When you reach for that go for 50 a day, and then 100 a day. You might want to start off with a higher goal in mind and shoot for that.

The same thing goes for your earnings. Establish a goal and try to reach it. When you reach it, then try for a higher goal.

When it comes to a timeframe the important thing to remember is to be patient. Things can and often do take time. When people aren't patient they sometimes do things they shouldn't in order to try to make things move faster and often end up doing more harm than good.

KKM, there are numerous ways to increase traffic. Some methods will be more effective for you than others. It is good to have several ideas in order to have an idea as to some of the many things that can be done and to be able to try some of them to see how effective they are for you.

Here is a link to another 5 Star thread that has several ideas. Some of them might be of interest to you. http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/showthread.php?t=740

HI Larwee,
Thanks for the link and advise. What I need to do now is to improve my blog content. It seem too little info. I am interested to build my blog to a travel site and promote travel-related stuff.

So I would need to spend time to input content to my blog. :)

But my blog is not really a website. So can I do all that below? Mine is more like sharing my experience & info.

1) Offer a newsletter or mailing list subscription
2) Consider offline advertising.
3) Offer promotional products.
4) Acquire links through link trades and link directories.
5) Offer a "tell a friend" feature.

KKM, more content is a very good idea. I spoke about that in an earlier post in this thread
Simple things such as adding more content and making your blog more interesting are among the many things you can do to help increase your traffic.
There are some methods for increasing traffic that work for both websites and blogs. But what I was mainly doing was trying to let you see that there are all types of ways to increase traffic and to give you a few things to think about. Some might interest you and you might want to try some of them. Some of them might help give you other ideas. It wasn't to imply that you should try all of the methods mentioned. Some would work for you and some wouldn't. What might not work in your case could work for others. It just often helps to have several possible ideas to work with.

When you have more content and more traffic you can then start working on generating some income.

Hi Larwee,

Thanks. When I had upload more info, I will see what's the next step to do. Thanks alot. :)

banners
Back