The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Affiliate Marketing vs PTC: What's More Effective Short-Term?

RomanAnthonysMama

affiliate
Okay, so I know that payment-wise, affiliate marketing is a better option long-term since it provides a little bit more of a solid income, and you are often paid on a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly basis. However, which one of these is better in the short-term? Is it PTC due to being able to cash out smaller amounts of money more frequently? I'd just like to see how others way the options before deciding which one I should put the most dedication into. Thanks!

In my opinion, PTC is only better if you can get many referrals right from the moment you join. Without referrals, it can be months before you cash out something as low as a dollar. Affiliate marketing, on the other hand, can shock you and start producing results almost immediately.

PTCs are a very slow process. The only way to speed it up is by joining as many PTC sites you possibly can and getting multiple referrals. With these together, it took me about a month to make around $50. It's not much, but considering the lack of mental involvement it requires, it's good enough.

In the long run affiliate marketing will pay greater dividends though.

PTC is such an arduously slow process, you could likely drive some more leads by simply building a high quality niche site and sending some quick traffic to it through via free credits from Google AdWords. Plus some of the PTC services I have tried in the past went out of business before I could even get anywhere close to meeting the minimum payout threshold.

PTC is pretty tough to slog it out at. You can make some money but it is boring and takes a long time. Also there is the problem that a lot of sites are scammy and can disappear before you get your payout.

The problem with affiliate marketing in my opinion is that it is tougher than people make it seem. Some people are very successful, but many others just give up. Overall affiliate marketing is probably the better option, but it is not easy.

PTC is something I would only do for a couple of days. Sometimes I use to do 5 seconds of work in the morning as well, to let it accumalate slowly, but that will be just a fiver at the end of the year.
If you have a bit more time to spend, I would go for affiliate marketing and the likes.

MI
Back