The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Affiliate marketing peak

tquinn1021

affiliate
For those that have been in AM for awhile, what would you say the 'peak' of AM was? was it '05? '07? now? not been reached yet? I see alot of posting activity from past years, on this and many forums. Also, it seems like every knowledgeable poster is promoting their 'make money online' or 'SEO service' website. Is that the typical progression for AMers (to eventually move from 'mining for gold' to 'selling the shovels/pick axes'?) This is a great site, I have learned alot already. Thanks!

Hi tquinn1021,

Welcome to 5 Star and we're glad you like what you've found here so far.
Thanks for starting off with some good questions!

I couldn't even guess on the peak question. As far as I know AM is still growing so I don't think we've hit the peak yet. I know a lot of people say it's harder now than it was 2 years ago - but 2 years ago they said that too and it still keeps growing.

As far as the selling the shovels/pick axes questions, it seems that way in some forums, where there are lots of eBook affiliates trying to sell to all the newbies - but I still think the vast majority of people are affiliates and not product owners/creators.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
For those that have been in AM for awhile, what would you say the 'peak' of AM was? was it '05? '07? now? not been reached yet? I see alot of posting activity from past years, on this and many forums. Also, it seems like every knowledgeable poster is promoting their 'make money online' or 'SEO service' website. Is that the typical progression for AMers (to eventually move from 'mining for gold' to 'selling the shovels/pick axes'?) This is a great site, I have learned alot already. Thanks!

In my opinion, it's a great time to become an Affiliate Marketer. As long as their are people willing to buy goods and services online, then it's all good...:) What there is now is lots of competition, which is actually a good thing because you know something is working. I always try to have little expectation when I launch affiliate sites. That way I don't get disappointed when nothing happens for a month or two or three...:eek:

And as mentioned, there are a few wonderful resources to help you in this biz...this forum being one of them...:)

As for the shovels and pick axes...let me slap up an affiliate site for those products and I'll get back to ya...:) All the best towards your success.

Lyle (Jazzguy)

Thanks Lyle for the answers and for the kind words.

Great to have you here posting again! :)

Thanks Linda. Things are finally smoothing out for me time wise so I have more time to spend doing what I want to do...:)

And now, back to our regularly scheduled posting...:eek:

Lyle (Jazzguy)

Peak? I'm still waiting for the real internet bubble...

I think affiliate marketing is just now starting to mature where cycles are beginning to form and be recognized - true ebbs and flows. The industry is still "morphing" to adapt and take advantage of new technologies, economic factors, and so on.

So to me the peak, in affiliate marketing, is is my last biggest year. Since this year is not over yet, the peak for me was 2008.

As for "mining for gold" - there have been snake oil salesman as long as there have been those looking for a "cure all" or "magic pill" to what ails them. One more "cliche": “There's a sucker born every minute”.

Set your own goals, be your own barometer, and don't worry about what the pundits say...

I think AM has taken off a lot recently due to both the internet community becoming more knowledgeable, and the fact that people are losing their jobs. I don't think we've seen the peak yet.

mm

I was wondering that to and also what are the best ways and places to promote? Still really new to all this but really keen to learn

MI
Back