The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Affiliate Marketing Mechanics & LPs

brazook

affiliate
Hi,

I was wondering about the actual mechanics for affiliate marketing, like understanding what I need a LP for. What I see is for example when on a online movie site, I click somewhere and I get a pop up for an ad.
Where do I, as an affiliate marketer, come into play here? Isn't this ads from the online movie site - where does my landing page come into play?
Or if I want to promote mobile apps - how does a landing page come into play here? Can't I somehow directly link users to download the app?
I don't see where I would run campaigns in order for them to click through to the offer.

Thank you!!

Isn't this ads from the online movie site

Either the site has a script that produces its own popups, or it's paid traffic that the advertiser buys from a traffic vendor and it is being shown on that movie site (as well as other sites). You, as an affiliate, will most likely buy your pop traffic and the traffic vendor will show your ads on various websites.

what I need a LP for

This question has been asked many times. If you're talking about solely for the use of pop traffic, you can use a landing page to stand out from the crowd, reduce bounces on the offer page, create and test new angles, presell an offer, capture emails if that's what you want to do. There's a few things you'd want to consider them for.

Your CTA (call-to-action) button when clicked, would go to the offer, or if you're collecting emails that would be from the thank-you page. I wouldn't personally collect emails from pop traffic, just giving you a variety of options.

*** Never, ever start running a landing page without making sure it's allowed and if need be, approved, by the network and offer.

Can't I somehow directly link users to download the app?

You haven't done any reading yet, have you? :D
  1. You'll want a tracking link for data collection
  2. Many people will not click a raw referral link
  3. Link-jacking is not super common, as far as I know but it happens
  4. If you add multiple subIDs, the link looks awful
All that being said, some people direct link to an offer, just to test if it's worthwhile promoting before spending any more time and money on it. They don't typically leave it for long, just long enough to analyze.

So, yes, you can direct link but I don't think you'll get the best results and you won't have in-depth data analysis for optimizing.

I don't see where I would run campaigns in order for them to click through to the offer.

You really need to study the basics.

You have to drive traffic to the offer, whether it's through your landing page or direct. You buy your traffic, which is shown to users. If they click through to your offer and join/buy/download/whatever then you have a conversion.

This question has been asked many times. If you're talking about solely for the use of pop traffic, you can use a landing page to stand out from the crowd, reduce bounces on the offer page, create and test new angles, presell an offer, capture emails if that's what you want to do. There's a few things you'd want to consider them for.

It's a traffic filter so you only get people that have some real interest
100K pops 90K landing pages 9k hits into the offer (maybe 4%-16%+-)
1 million banners CPM ..... 9K hits :rolleyes:
Native ads? better I hope
something like that ...

MI
Back