The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Affiliate help

mike73

Hi i am from the uk and i am doing a website about building a computer. The affiliate program i would like to join is based in usa but you can join from uk. I am wondering is it best to use one from the uk or does it really matter has anyone had any experience of this? Any help would be greatly appreciated thankyou.

That will largely depend on where most of your visitors come from, not where you live or where your site is hosted.

thanks, ok i see how do you know how i find this out.

From your server logs or Google Analytics, or similar stats packages.

my site is still in development stage.

That will make it a bit more difficult because the stats will be more unreliable.

You can always add or change affiliates later if you guess incorrectly, but I'd suggest you base it on site content. If your content is referring primarily to UK sources, or if you are promoting UK services, it's probably best to highlight UK affiliates for now. If you later find that your stats are telling you that you have more visitors from other locations, then switch to affiliates for those locations.

For example, one of my sites, although in Canada and often highlighting Canadian content, gets a lot more visitors from the US. Thus, given a chopice between, e.g., amazon.ca vs. amazon.com, I highlight amazon.com because that brings in more income.

banners
Back