The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Affiliate Goals for 2009

my longing

To start making "a good name in this very competitive net. world". And be able to achieve my longing for a debt-free life...:D

My goal is to get to around $50k this year. Starting from 0 in the second quarter, that's going to be a hike. What I don't see is how anybody has time to make money. Let me tell you about my day. This morning I wrote one article, researched one article, and worked on my website. Admittedly, the web site work will fade gently away one day but I had 10 tasks on my "to-do" list and managed to finish two. I know I'm not terribly productive, but this is just flat ridiculous.

And that thought causes me to change my objective. Forget the money. I need to achieve faster-than-light productivity by the end of the year. I can't forget the money. Make it $40K and a 50% increase in productivity. That'll do.

My goal was to clear 100k this year, and that is combining with my J.O.B. which pulls about 40k.

So far my affiliate sales totals have come to about $60. But I'm learning.

I saw flaws in the plan I was following, and I am now reworking a new plan (keeping the old site, just keeping it on hold for a few days). Ill fill you in on my failure this time, and that is that I did not make separate landing pages for different keyword sets in my article marketing efforts, so my CTR plummeted from my early efforts (that saw a high CTR and two sales).

I am also adding a new tool to my arsenal as I also noted the lack of time scenario that Roger did. I work 10-12 hours a day, add on 2 hours of drive time and I only have about 3 hours a night, tops, to work on my business. When you tack on the kids, the time goes down more. And note, that this work is 6-7 days a week (which is exactly why I want out!).

The tool that I am adding is going to be Article Post Robot, to help me submit my articles more efficiently. I have seen the benefits and miracle of working with just one article directory, so I can just imagine the benefits of adding in another 50-300. My first article has 400 versions indexed in Google without it, and just my first 25 posts all through Ezine pull me a steady 40 visitors a day so far on a brand new site, on top of the Search Engine traffic.

The easiest way to fix the time factor is to understand that you will need help in some form sooner than later. If you are going to bootstrap everything you are going to push things back further than they need to be.

You do not need to spend the money I am this early, but you need to look for ways to automate tedious tasks early. I am spending the $125 for Article Post Robot for two reasons, my first payout check pays for it.. which I am about halfway towards now. Secondly, seeing results already tells me that I am on the right path... and devouring EVERYTHING JCorkren says on these forums tells me that this program is my next real step.

I'm keeping this separate from the last post for some inspirational words for Roger.

I have been a member of another major site for a while, devoted to actually selling products.. but stays with the times on marketing efforts that work for AM, so I keep my subscription. The owner of this website/community is Lisa Suttora (whatdoisell), and the one thing she really teaches to anybody looking to work for themselves is to find your why.

Your WHY is what will see you through the hard times, it will keep you motivated when you don't feel up to working, it will change your mindset to the point that you will not let yourself fail.

Everyone's WHY is different, and is personal to them. My why is that I am tired of working 70 hours a week, 8-9 months a year... just to not work at all for 3 months (seasonal construction work.. feast or famine). I am tired of a boss that does not respect me as a person, and expects my motivation to his business to be as big as his. I am tired of missing the summers with my kids when they are off of school, and not working when they are at school.

I had zero success with anything until I truly told myself my WHY. My why was to be financially secure, to be able to take care of my family. That why was not strong enough, and nothing still took off. One day at work, right after being called back from winter layoffs I got yelled at for things that did not get done over the winter (even though I got laid off and wasn't there), not just once... or twice.. but about a dozen times.

I snapped. I swore at that time that I would do whatever it takes to make myself succeed, just to not deal with that anymore.

That exact day my Amazon Affiliate account had my first sale. It was as if something was telling me that my WHY was truly strong enough to make this work... but was pleasant enough to tell me that I had a lot yet to learn (I made about $4).

Since then I have attacked more obstacles, and have achieved more success (still in small doses). Every new weapon that I test shows great results. I still have yet to reach that desired point, but I can feel the boulder starting to build momentum.

I ran into another wall this week, but I am researching my way out of it. I know what my next step is now.. just a matter of attacking it.

Wow Clintoc, VERY inspirational. So great to hear your passion and commitment come through so strong. That's exactly what it takes and I suspect you'll do very well!

Hi, Clintoc. I am pleased to meet you and totally impressed by both of your posts. Thank you for taking time to respond in such an inspirational way. I'm not only impressed by your writing, but by your thinking as well. You make "great" and extremely adoptable points. And I am the adopter. I had hoped I would learn something here; I did not expect the learning to begin with responses to my first post. I thank you for that.

Regards. . .

My Goals for 2009:

1) Take time for the gym-Internet Marketing has not been good for my waistline:(
2) Be profitable by making a steady stream of income
3) Spend more time with friends and family
4) Be profitable
5) Enjoy Life
6) Be profitable

Hmm...anyone detect a theme here?

Good Luck to everyone on reaching their 2009 Goals!

I do have a non-monetary goal that I wish to accomplish.

I MUST stop the time wasting.

Being that I am still new, I constantly look at my merchant stats... to see if I got that coveted sale. And since my main articles are sitting in Ezine only for now (will be changing this week as I get my new program set up to automate posting) I also religiously look at my article stats.

I have got to the point that I make sure I do not have my merchants site in any tabs (keeps me from noticing), but Ezine is another story as I do a lot of work from their pages.

I did get my work done for today at least, well most of it.... I am updating the PR of the article sites in Article Post Robot right now, so I have a good idea of which directories I should be posting to.

I know I am on the right track, and now I bought a program to free up some extra time, so I need to kill the time wasters which will allow me to maximize what time I do have.

----------------------------------

As an add on goal, I swore to myself today that any website/blog that I create will be built around solid content. While I will definitely add PPC to my IM arsenal when I get to the point of solid profits (and steady affiliate checks), I do not want to get into the habit of thin affiliate sites.

banners
Back