The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Affiliate approval

SSContinental

affiliate
Hi all,
Can anyone tell me how you get "approved" or have a better chance of approval from merchants as Affilates? I am just getting started and have heard about Commission Junction and others to sign up with but don't have a clue how to start. I want to start looking for merchants who offer the products I'm interested in. :confused:

Hi SSContinental,

Do you have a web site yet? It helps a lot if you already have one. Be sure to complete all the info on the application and use your web site email address, never use a free email like hotmail or you are more likely to get turned down.

After you join CJ you can search for merchants and see lots of details about them. Then when you try to join the ones you are interested in they each have to review your site and approve you, although a few are still on auto approval and accept anyone. (which IMO is not a good sign that the program is well managed)

Also, if you get rejected, try sending the affiliate manager an email explaining your situation and your plans. Often they will change their mind and accept you.

yes, I have a mortgage website that i just got up and running. I don't have a blog or any kind of links (not sure how to do all that yet). Does that matter to the merchants? I wanted to use this website to test this niche to get my own leads for mortgages. There's alot of demand, but tons of competition too. Does what I sell (service) matter to the merchant giving approvals to Affiliates? I have another niche which is really my passion that I want to give a go at...but I wanted to test this out first...not sure if it's the way to go. I wonder if it's ok to ask about a program I purchased recently for Affiliate Mktg? Or should I PM you? Thanks!

Yes your mortgage site will do for starters. They want to be sure 1) you are real and not fraud 2) the site is decent 3) there is nothing unsavory or illegal on the site 4) a few programs will only accept you if your site is related to their market.

With the new niche you are passionate about, you'll increase your chances of getting approved if you get the site up and apply with that site. (You can have more than 1 site in CJ)

"I wonder if it's ok to ask about a program I purchased recently for Affiliate Mktg?"

Sure ask away.

I purchased a program called Black Ink Project 2 by Jeremy Palmer. His free High Performance e book had alot of interesting info..I bought the Black Ink 2 and just started reading it yesterday. It is step by step and seems to be great info for a newbie like me. Do you have an opinion on the product or know anyone who has used it? There are so many learning guides out there, not sure what info is most useful.
Also, Have you heard of BizZites websites?

Have not heard of BizZites websites so tread carefully.

Jeremy's stuff is 1st rate and I've heard good feedback about BlackInkProject.
So I would focus on that one! Learn all you can here for free and avoid temptation to buy anything else right now. It's too easy to get sidetracked and milked by people selling the magic secret that really isn't worth your time and effort.

This post should help!

<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/general-topics-affiliate-forum/17886-surefire-tips-getting-thumbs-up-affiliate-applications.html#post56027">Surefire Tips for getting the Thumbs Up on Affiliate Applications</a>

I guess, affiliate managers check out the quality of the site, the relativeness of the content, alexa traffic, pagerank and potential growth.

You already have a website. If the content is related to affiliate program of your choice, you should not have a problem getting approved.

Good luck.

banners
Back