The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Advise Needed

N

nicknsj

Hi,

Hoping that someone can help me. In regards to Yahoo I know that they have many country specific sites such as yahoo.uk or yahoo.au, or yahoo.com etc etc. Do I need to submit to all of these or will submitting to one be ok? The same goes for the Yahoo directory. Again do I only need to do this once or do I need to do it for each different country?

Im confused!!!!

Hopefully someone can help.

Thanks
Nick

Nick,
First of all welcome to UK Webmaster World. I think you should submit your site to the Yahoo local to your country for example if you are in UK add your site to Yahoo.co.uk . I actually think Yahoo and other top search engines are now very clever that you do not even need to submit your site for them to find it, all you need is a link from a site that is already in Yahoo or any other major search engine and all the search engines will find your site.
Regarding submitting to Yahoo directory, I will suggest you submit to your local Yahoo, the is a charge of about £199 per year for submitting to Yahoo directory. Good luck. Lets know if you have more questions.

Yahoo has now got a free basic submit that can be accessed form your yahoo email account. If you submit to yahoo.com or yahoo.co.uk it won't matter as the spider will spider your site in the sma eway and then decide the ranks etc, if it is best suited for UK, USA, ireland.

MI
Back