The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Advice for those who want to work online?

Winnifred, I see others here have given you a lot of good advice. However, I didn't see anyone mention this one very important thing which is, "don't put all your eggs in one basket.". For example, don't let Google AdSense be your only source of income. Many people have been hit with Google's constant algorithm changes and they were wiped out.

As BigJ said, there are many different things that you can do to make money online. Choose the things you enjoy and go for it.

I understand the basket part, but could you explain further on how a site gets wiped out? Is it because articles that have been uploaded so far have been strategically geared towards the previous version, and with a new one has become unsearchable and obsolete?

The best advice I can give when it comes to finding work online is to never pay to get the job. If you are required to pay this and that just so that you can be considered and be given the position, it is most likely a scam. Employers should pay you--not the other way around.

I don't know why so many people are constantly suggesting freelance websites for those that are just getting started with their online endeavors. It's unlikely they'd have developed the necessary skills to complete the majority of the tasks for the projects on those sites, and even if they have the competition is so fierce you don't have much of a chance anyways. I'd suggest writing for article directories, completing surveys, affiliate marketing, blogging, paid-to do task sites, or even promote a service that you can offer on Fiverr.

The first thing you should be aware of when trying to make money online is that you will need to put in more time than you would in a normal 9to5 job, don't expect to be making hundreds of Dollars a week for doing one hours work because sadly it doesn't work like that.

There are alot of newbies that want to make money online, and they want the money quickly is what I alway's notice. So for newbies, I suggest you stay away from affiliate marketing, cpa,cpc, and even blogs. I started off with gpt sites, like Swagbucks and Point Dollars, which are two fantastic money making sites. I then came across a site called Slicethepie, where you review as many songs as you like, and you get paid. As of right now, I work for a online company known as Telexfree, and I get paid for posting their ads on specific sites. I'm making crazy good money with Telexfree, and as long as your 18 or older, you can too!

I understand the basket part, but could you explain further on how a site gets wiped out? Is it because articles that have been uploaded so far have been strategically geared towards the previous version, and with a new one has become unsearchable and obsolete?

Hey Viktori, not the site, but their AdSense income got wiped out. There are a lot of people who's website got "Google slapped" or "Sandboxed" after Google's "Panda" algorithm update. In other words, they lost their page position on Google search. Then they lost traffic to their site(s). No traffic, no earnings.

The best advice I can give when it comes to finding work online is to never pay to get the job. If you are required to pay this and that just so that you can be considered and be given the position, it is most likely a scam. Employers should pay you--not the other way around.

As a general rule I would agree Jose1986. However, there are exceptions to the rule. There are legitimate companies that hire work from home customer service reps that require potential employees to pay for their own background and credit check. They ask for this right before a person is hired because as an employee they would be handling confidential customer information, so it not unreasonable. The first step should be to check with the Better Business Bureau and other sources regarding the company before paying anything.

Working online often has a misconception of being easy or requiring little to no work, which in my opinion is absolute rubbish! In fact, with the amount of saturation and competition there is in most profitable markets these days, I would gladly say that working online is harder than offline. Let's put it into perspective...

The average offline worker would expect a decent daily pay for their work, and the average yearly salary is around £25,000. However this is much different online, as people's expectations of their worth drop drastically, and they then start getting excited when they see their first £100 enter their banks after 3 months of working. Whilst you may think that this is an exaggeration, there are far too many instances where this is true, and in my opinion it really needs to stop. People need a brain check when they start working online, that they should never undervalue themselves, and they should always bear in mind that there are opportunities out there.

In regards to any websites I would recommend for people who are starting to work online, I believe that some of the best money making methods are hosted on Blackhatworld. Good luck!

I completely agree with what the guys are saying. You will need to put in a lot of time and effort before you can make money. It is never easy because there is a lot to be learned when you want to work online. There are technicalities that you would have to be familiar with. Just try and keep at it!

For a newbie, the first big obstacle to overcome on sites like oDesk and freelancer.com will be to obtain a first feedback. Once you have it, things would get somewhat easier. There are times when opportunities get stagnant; you do not get any projects at all. All you have to do is to keep on bidding until things start to turn around.

Right now I am using Odesk, and a couple other websites and what I would advice people who wants to make an income online is to be patient and find what works for you. If you want a business that does not require much time, may be you can build your own website and sell affiliate products or provide services but for now you can try Odesk.com and make money working for people. If you have skills already then its a plus, and if you don' then its alright you can learn some skills and take a test for it afterwards to qualify for certain jobs.

I would tell them that they need to have patience. In order to make money online that's worth it, you need to be willing to research and learn before you make stable money from whatever you choose to do. Nobody becomes successful in making tons of money online overnight, so patience is definitely a virtue in this trade.

Well I personally would tell them not only that they need patience like is posted above me! But they also need determination to succeed! It is extremely hard to make money online and everyday the market is getting even more saturated! I would also warn them about the possible scams. However, I would not tell them sites that pay as they need to find the legit sites and the scam sites themselves to try and help them in the future!

You can try to search on Google for places to make money online. You can write for money at places like Yahoo voice, helium, textbroker, wikinut, hubpages, slicethepice, or odesk, ifreelance, craigslist. There are many legitimate places to make money online. I made one grand from Helium before and they do pay. You just have to be patience and build up your sources of income. You can also try Youtube, where you submit videos and make money based on pageviews.

It depends on what they want to do. Some people just need extra money and some people need to make a living from home. In my opinion the best site for finding opportunities is wahm.com. They have a great forum and people discuss pretty much everything there (affiliate marketing, actual work at home jobs that hire you as an employee, work at home jobs where you're hired as an independent contractor, direct sales, freelance writing, and so on). Another good site is workplacelikehome.com.

I'd also tell people that actually making good money online/at home isn't as easy as you might think. When you read reviews and look at forum discussions for certain jobs you get to see how people feel about it and sometimes people hate it and it isn't what they expected.

Plus, you might not make as much as you would at a traditional job but there are costs associated with a traditional job that you have to consider (gas money, work appropriate clothing, etc.) so that alone might make up for the difference. And it might pay off in different ways too. Almost every job I've ever had was at least an hour away so 2 hours of my life was wasted every day just driving to work and back. That's 10 hours a week. That's a lot of wasted time if you ask me.

My number one tip is to stay as far away as you can from job bidding websites like ODesk, Freelancer, Elance and others alike. Not only do you waste a lot of time bidding on projects that you may very well not even win, but you also have a very good chance of being paid minimal rates for your work. Take it from me, if you want to do well make your own blog, show off what you could provide to customers and then advertise your service directly with people who would be interested. Good luck!

There are a couple of ways you can use to make money online but just make sure they are worth your time. Do not spend a lot of time working on something which will not cover your bills. Find that thing you are good at and work on it. A place like Fiverr houses every talent, so take it there.

MI
Back