The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Advertising question

P.Jeffries

Hey all,

Just out of curiostiy, apart from being part of an affiliate program how do sites obtain direct advertising? Lets say from a company such as Heineken or BMW.

I am aware that ones site has to be swarming with traffic but does anyone know the steps to accomplish this?

Thanks for any advice given in advance, I have been trying to find an answer to this without any luck.

One of the most common ways is VIA pay per click.

Search for San Diego Dentist. The ads in the box at the top and in the right column are Adwords ads where you pay for every click. Could pay 5 cents or could pay $15 per click, just depending on the keywords.

You can lose money fast if you don't learn all about it.

Here's more info in our PPC forum.
Pay per Click Questions - PPC Forum - 5 Star Affiliate Marketing Forums

The other option is just banner advertising. But since so many use search engines that's usually the most effective.

HI Linda,

Thanks for the answer. I am familiar with pay per click, what I mean though is I do not want to advertise my website like that rather gain advertisers who are not/partly apart of affiliate programs.

As an example, askmen, the website directed towards men has advertisements from Corona, a couple of big blogs that I saw promote movies or companies such as KFC etc..

Similar to print advertising, dealing directly with the advertiser...if that makes any sense :)

Do such websites contact the company directly or is there a online sort of an agency/agencies that deal with such advertising.

Thanks again!
Peter

Yes I understand. But PPC has nothing to do with affiliate marketing, so you know.
That's how all the big companies advertise direct. (And a form a traffic affiliates
sometimes use but the 2 are totally separate.)

But if you want to do banner or text ad buys there are lots of companies.
Search for advertising network.

Ok perfect, yes that is what I was looking for thanks. I thought there must of been companies that govern banner advertisement such as that.

Thanks for answering my question!!!

MI
Back