The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Advertising Affiliates vs Individual Products?

JennyS5

affiliate
I have seen some affiliate websites that only use banners to advertise the website they are promoting. If I were to use just banners to direct my customers to the business I'm promoting, Do I get commissions off of products they buy once they get to the business? Or do I have to promote individual products on my site to get commissions?

ok, this is weird, I mean, that's why you didn't have replies.

You are asking something really obvious, so, are you really in affiliate marketing?

I joined this particular forum ( newbie ) so I could get some questions answered. If it was that obvious of a question, Jake, I wouldn't have asked it. I thought this forum was to help newbies out, not make them feel stupid. I OBVIOUSLY picked the wrong website to join.

Jenny, I am sorry for Jake's reply. He is a new member and that's not representative of the attitude here. Our attitude is there are no questions too basic, because everyone including Jake and I started at ground zero not knowing anything at some point.

So the answer is yes you can just promote with banners going to the home page. That's the most basic option and everyone affiliate program offers that option. You can do indiv product banners too. But every program is different so be sure you know what they offer and allow.

Thanks for responding Linda, I wanted to be sure that was an option ( advertising w/ just banners) w/ one of my websites in particular.

Hello Jenny, I'm very sorry. I apologize.

I was sure it to be a joke. Please forgive me :) I'm not a bad guy.

Anyway, I understand that the message seemed a lot rude, but on the fly I didn't consider it this way, probably a couple of smiles could have made it a little less rude.

About your question, as example, Amazon deals this way, if you promote it with a banner and a customer clicks on it, all the products he/she will buy after going to Amazon page will be assigned to your affiliate id. So yes, you will get automatically your affiliate rate just advertising Amazon with a banner (with your affiliate id link).

Hi Jenny if that's your real name?

Yes you can place a banner linking to an affiliate product if all you want is a one time sale and always be looking for more customers but there is a much better way.;)

As we have consistly replied to posts from beginners very much like your's and maybe you haven't seen what we always recommend, please read on. We ALWAYS recommend building your own mailing list Before sending people away to an affiliate vendor who will most likely add those people to their list.:eek:

Building your own list gives you unlimited opportunities to sell to buyers over and over again related to why they signed up to your list. It is always a good idea to give away a free gift but one of real value to get prospects to sign up.;)

Then build a relationship with them BEFORE sending them to either another page on your website/blog with a banner or better still using a follow up email sent by your autoresponder. Or create a blog with great content within your chosen niche and put an opt in box there with a promise of a free gift for those who sign up.:)

Then follow up with autoresponder emails as recommended before. WordPress is the easiest to use as there are many free themes although the paid for ones are better such as Optimize Press.:D

Finally you need traffic something else you will need to learn. Look through this forum and you will see plenty on that subject here as well.:)

Hope this helps.

Good luck and success to you.:cool:

Stephen & Jennifer.

MI
Back