The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Adcenter Affiliate Program Quick Notes

45n5

I think the 5star folks manage the adcenter affiliate program? So I thought I share two thoughts here.

1. What about some standard banner sizes? 125x125 or 468x60 for starters?

Instead I see 188x80 and 200x170

2. I can't get offers using firefox. When I click offers it says:

An error has occurred while processing your request.

Technical Support has been notified of this problem (via email) and will resolve it as soon as possible.

works for me in internet explorer though.

thanks
mark

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the feedback. 5 Star doesn't do affiliate management any more, we specialize in promotion and PR. The program is managed by the good folks over at Kowabunga. They read the forum, but I'm also talking to them about some things on Wednesday so will be sure they see your suggestions.

I often have problems over at various MSN/Microsoft services using FF. I remember when I used to have a Spaces blog I had to use IE to get in. I think it's probably that they either want people to use IE or don't bother to optimize for FF for obvious reasons. I know it can be irritating, but after all, they own IE not FF. :)

Thanks again, I'll pass this on and see what they can do for you.

Hey Mark,

Sorry for delay. They have standard sized banners and they are scheduled to be uploaded next week.

In case anyone reading this thread doesn't know about
the AdCenter Affiliate Program yet, here is the official announcement.

Melissa, the affiliate manager at Kowabunga just gave me some additional feedback on this. She said:

It seems that within some browsers, although we cannot duplicate the issue here, the standard sized images sometimes display as a different size, however are indeed correct. We did add a note within the interface about the possible issue in how they are displayed. Hopefully this will help communicate this information to any affiliates seeing the incorrectly sized image.

With the error issue using Firefox, this is actually an issue that can sometimes happen within any browser. We have tech working on a straight fix, but clearing one’s cache almost always solves this problem. It is not a consistent or regular issue, but one we are working to resolve asap.

So hopefully that info helps clarify.

MI
Back