The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

A quickie - how to see what your site looks like on Mobile Devices

smilodon

How to check what your site looks like on Mobile Devices

Hi guys, this is a quick post written to show you how to check what your sites look on various Mobile Devices + iPad:

One, I use Opera Mobile Emulator browser. It offers a huge number of mobile devices you can emulate to see what your site looks like on them. Devices range from Samsung Galaxy, HTC Evo, Amazon Kindle Fire to Sony Experia.

Get it here: Opera Mobile Emulator

Second one I use is called Mobilizer. It is a program that, you guessed it, emulates Mobile Phones (iPhone 4 and 5, Samsung Galaxy, BlackBerry, HTC Evo etc) on which you can open the same site on multiple mobile (emulated) devices and compare how the site looks on each one of them.

Get it here Mobilizer | Springbox

To check what your site looks like on iPad, hop over to iPad Peek / iPhone Peek, enter your URL and have fun peeking ;).

All three of these are free. Enjoy!

If you are like me and use Wordpress, an easy way to get your site mobile ready is to use the WPTouch plugin for it. Luke suggests another option for making the site Mobile ready:

I use jQueryMobile. For WordPress blogs I use WPTouch. Here are some articles + a free lander :)

Hope it helps ;).

I've used iPadpeek.com many times but thank you for the others! :)

I'm glad you find them helpful Andy, these programs helped me loads too. Now I can see what my sites look like on most mobile devices without owning them or bugging friends who own them.

Opera Mobile Emulator emulates more devices. For example it has Samsung Galaxy: S, S2, S3, Tab 7+, Tab 8.9, Tab 10.1, and it emulates 10+ versions of HTC phone.

On the other hand Mobilizer emulates only Samsung Galaxy S3 phone and HTC Evo without the multiple other versions Opera has, but it emulates the one thing Opera Mobile Emulator lacks - iPhone 4 and 5. So I use both programs :).

banners
Back