The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

A Quick Guide To Good Keyword Research

turbz

affiliate
Hi Everyone

As You All Know Keyword research is the first and one of the most important steps when starting any online business wether it's affiliate marketing or online marketing (selling your own product online). Many People find this very difficult and so I wanted to help.

Here's Quick Guide To Good Keyword Research:

Keyword Research is one of the most important steps of starting your online business. This helps you to find a great niche to market in. Once you get your list of great keywords you can easily identify which niche you would like to market in and which niche is most profitable. This article will guide you through the keyword Research process and will help you select the best keywords for your business.

First lets start with some simple definitions:

Keyword - Search term used by people using search engines to find what they?re looking for.
Keyword Phrases - A set of Keywords (more than one) (also referred to as Keywords in general)
Long Tail Keywords ? These are the keywords that you will use to build your Keyword list (and your business). These are Keyword Phrases (Keywords), which have a good amount of searches and little competition. These are the best as they have little competition and good search volumes.

The reason for targeting Long-Tail-Keywords is that you want to drive enough traffic to your site in order to maximize your chances of profit.

For example, you wouldn?t target the term ?Diet? as it has too much competition, instead you?ll target something like ?Lose weight over 40? as it gives you a real chance to profit.

One quick and easy technique is to start with modifiers of a term. Modifiers make a search term more specific. Here are some examples:

Antique, Old, New, Fast, Quick, Free, Cheap, Accessories, Best, Big, Damaged, Easy, Effortless, Fake, Imitation - This List could be huge.

There Are Many free tools out there that can help you build your list of long tail keywords. The One I recommend Is NicheBOT Classic, An excellent free tool to help you find a lot of those long tail keywords. This tool lets you search for keywords and see how many search they get. That?s the Basics of good keyword research.

Please Feel Free To Add To This And Comment:)

Thanks

Jameel Mukadam

Thanks Jameel for such good information on keyword research. I found Googles free keyword tool helpful to start out with and it actually gives you the bids. It can be found at google/sktool.

It helps me when i want to do a quick search to find out how many searches and what the bid prices are without going into my Adwords account.

Steve

In addition to your keyword research in a nutshell:
For going deeper into keyword research I found the free ebook; SeoFastStart from Dan Thies very useful.

Some other valuable modifiers: how to, how can, how, do,instructions, tutorial,directions,remove, crafts,key, best, tips, home,remedy,remedy,natural,remedy,cure,buy,purchase,online,review,reviews,secret,increase,decrease,improve,faster,fast,cheapest,best,top,articlewhere can,luxury, quality

Here's another tip using Google's Keyword Tool. Choose the radio button "Website content". Enter the URL you want to do some keyword research on. Click the "Get Keyword Ideas" button. When you get your list then in the "
Choose columns to display" text field choose "Show Estimated Avg. CPC". Enter your currency and the amount you want. Maybe 1.00. Press the Recalculate button and you will get a grouped list of what keywords Google thinks are important for your niche and how much it will charge you if you wanted to do PPC. There is a lot of really good information in this report to help you find related and relevant keywords.

That is a good tip, kbhuffaker

Using the "Website content" option is also good for competitive research and niche research. Put in a page from Amazon that's filled with products or a top resource page about your niche and see what kinds of KW G can find for you.

For some of the best KW tips on the forum check this out too.

I love all you guys. This is great information. I can't wait to check them out. I am a fan of whatever Google does. They are user friendly. There is a free tracking site that may be worth checking out. It is: tracking202.com

Thanks. Maybe Happier days are here again.

Glad to be here.

When doing a keyword research what approximate figure shows that that particular subject matter is worth working on? For example 40,500 hits a month on a keyword for example 'Learn Spanish' any good? Would 40,500 be niche subject matter?

Totally apologetic for such ignorance...greatful for any advise :)

Good question Greendream. For the most part I've found it really depends on the niche you are working on. Some niche's have a lot fewer searches than others so you might try and capture the 50 or so hits a small niches gets. If you can dominate the top 10 of Google then your chances of getting the lions share of those 50 hits would be good especially if most of those clicks were buyers.

I would however, try for the larger niches were you get from 50,000 to 100,000 searches. If you can find those kind of number with low competition then let me know ;)

"40,500 hits a month" Depends on what you mean by hits and which KW tool you are using.

If "hits a month" that you are referring to is the KW popularity in WordTracker or Google then that's only half the story that you need to be looking at. The other 1/2 is how competitive a search term is in Google with "keywords in quotes" and with allintitle: "keywords in quotes".

There are 184,000 competing pages for allintitle: "Learn Spanish" and 2.6 million for "Learn Spanish" which is way too competitive for a newbie IMHO. Surprisingly only 689 searches in Wordtracker - so not a good ratio.

As a newbie you would need to find a longer tail phrase or a sub niche within that niche. (That's IF you are a newbie, if you are a pro that 2 word phrase would still be fairly tough to handle when you look at the authority sites that are ranked high.)

"40,500 hits a month" Depends on what you mean by hits and which KW tool you are using.

The other 1/2 is how competitive a search term is in Google with "keywords in quotes" and with allintitle: "keywords in quotes.are ranked high.)

Didnt know anything about that..thank you
I would however, try for the larger niches were you get from 50,000 to 100,000 searches. If you can find those kind of number with low competition then let me know ;)

Yeah sure..... ;)

Thanks for the good advise :)

MI
Back