The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

A Little Help With Spy Tools & Campaigns

Strickland

So, after a couple of years of going head to head with Google, I've decided to give media buying another shot.
I've got myself a spytool and I'm digging in, but already I'm overwhelmed. :eek:

So generaly with a cpa offer when you guys run a campaign at what point do you begin to realize it's not going to be profitable, 5 days, 10 days, two weeks?

If I find an offer using my spytool that ran for 10 days and stopped, is that a campaign that was started, been optimized, hasn't worked out, and has been stopped?

And if that's correct what sort of time span should I set the spytool at to find working campaigns?

Thanks in advance good people :cool:

Why do days mean anything --statistically? Only, time of day or day of week, possibly. I count money spent and customer acquisition cost only. So, some may spend $300 and have a loss of $250 in 10 days and stop a losing campaign too. Why would you want to follow that time span.

If a campaign has been running over 30 days it more likely it is profitable.

Lately, 1,000 referrals with absolutely no results and an under-count on the offers' end-points of 15% to as high as 75% in one case --40% loss 50% on average my counted redirects out or LP clicks out in some cases.

I ran an experiment redirecting the exact same sourced traffic between my own servers and had -0- loss --so I have to assume the offers I used were shaving or they totally sucked? I did not use cookies at all on my servers and that (cookie use) should not matter on the remote server's counts either.

That is with what I "believe" to be tightly filtered traffic --so something stinks to high heaven.

This is over a period of a year (probably) This was ad network push and pop traffic primarily. Too much time wasted on filtering and segmenting that poor quality RTB/DSP traffic. Time is money to me.

some may spend $300 and have a loss of $250 in 10 days and stop a losing campaign too. Why would you want to follow that time span.
That's a very interesting point Graybeard, I'm pretty sure I can filter campaigns that haven't had much traffic. That might help eliminate usless campaigns.

I ran an experiment redirecting the exact same sourced traffic between my own servers and had -0- loss --so I have to assume the offers I used were shaving or they totally sucked? I did not use cookies at all on my servers and that (cookie use) should not matter on the remote server's counts either.
There is so much shady business going on with media buying it's hard to know who and what to trust sometimes. I remember the last time I tried, and again this time around, it feels like people just want you to spend your budget and do one.

That's a very interesting point Graybeard, I'm pretty sure I can filter campaigns that haven't had much traffic. That might help eliminate usless campaigns.
How's that?
-- I have bought 100K CPM resulting in total losses in the past. If the number is more like 1 million that may be valid. Don't get sucked in ...
There is so much shady business going on with media buying it's hard to know who and what to trust sometimes.
They are all liars until proven otherwise is my position --it's my money v. their bullshit or incompetence --I have seen both cases.

Web3.0 the peer to peer (P2P) concept may be the next disruptive media to use but it is very early to develop it at this point.

Doc Searls ;)

MI
Back