The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

A little help for a beginner affiliate.

MarquisJ

affiliate
Hello everyone. My friend and I just got into affiliate marketing recently and we were wondering what are some ways we can get started as beginners.Any tips/advice is gladly accepted.

Thanks in advance. :)

Hi there,

Welcome to 5 Star. Thanks for joining us.

There are SO many options and so many ways to start. Best thing is to read all the stickies in the newbie forum, then the niche marketing forum. That should give you a good overview about what's worked for other affiliates and what to avoid. Then ask questions after that and we'll try to help.

Thank you for your warm welcomes. I'll look at those threads when I get a chance to but I also wanted to ask if there was a way I could show everyone the site my friend and I created seeing as its our first? I saw that I can't post links in my posts to avoid spam but I just wanted to get some criticism on the site.

Thank you for your warm welcomes. I'll look at those threads when I get a chance to but I also wanted to ask if there was a way I could show everyone the site my friend and I created seeing as its our first? I saw that I can't post links in my posts to avoid spam but I just wanted to get some criticism on the site.

If you still need help, send me a PM and I will take a quick peek at your site.
As far as Affiliate Marketing tips go, I posted this on on another forum under my pen name. Hope it helps.

I know a lot of people here are trying affiliate marketing, so I thought I would share a few tips that may save you a lot of time and frustration....

One important key is targeted keywords. Someone browsing the internet looking for "weight loss" is not as likely to buy as someone looking for "alli weight loss pill reviews" or "buy alli". Generally the more focused keywords are easier to rank for also making it much easier.

Banners do not convert as well as articles. People slap up a banner and wonder why they don't get sales. The reason is because people have become banner blind. There is just so many of them out there. Unless you are driving tons of traffic, you are unlikely to make bank with banners.

Easy to read and visual articles work well. Your viewer may be a skimmer or a reader. Try to please both by offering pictures and information.

Benefits are what you want to share to make the sale. How will this benefit the reader. One way to do this is say something like....who will benefit from product xxx? People who want to feel healther, people who like to look good, people who need an affordable solution etc. (notice how this covers just about everyone

Bullet points are great to use to list benefits.

Offering quality products. Don't promote a product just because it pays well. Promote a product that you believe in and offers value to the buyer.

Link action is needed. Give a link near the top, through out the body and at the end. You want to give your reader plenty of places to make that buying decision. A strong call to action is needed at the end of your article.

Traffic, traffic and more traffic. With consistent action you can drive traffic to your sites and get those sales!

MI
Back