The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

A Good Affiliate Network Script

karma101

affiliate
Anyone know of an allready existing affiliate network script .Currently I only found a few and Affiliate Network Pro is the only one I can come up with. My client is considering getting a good working script that can be modified later on for his own needs to create his own Affiliate Network. He has his own niche of industries he is planning to go after rather than a generic one.
Any advice on this will be much greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jay

Direct Track

Linda Thanks for the quick response.

I think direct track only offers hosted applications right or can you buy the script?

God Bless
Jay

Oh I was thinking "tracking solution" I skipped over the word script.
I think you are right, but DT is the only "solution" I know of.

Yes

That Is What i was thinking what do you think of the Affiliate Pro script?Is it worth looking into or is it best to make something from scratch. My client is working on a limited budget right now so I know creating something from scratch is a bit difficult. Any suggestions??

God Bless
Jay

I don't know anything about that software but I would NEVER recommend building an affiliate program from scratch if you can buy something off the shelf.
Affiliates are less likely to trust home grown programs for good reasons. Many have poor tracking or other problems.

To write your own affiliate software is inadvisable because there is so much to it from both sides, what the affiliate needs and what the merchants needs. Then to write network software there is even so much more that needs to be taken into account.

I feel pretty certain there may be another option or 2 out there, I've just never needed to research so have never looked.

Having said all that, you might want to pass on to your client that I have a lot of industry experience on every side of the fence, INCLUDING helping a company try to start their own network. You could not PAY me enough to start a network. Offer me 10 Million to start a network and I'd say no! :p It's much harder than people realize IMHO.

I would join Sharesale or something instead and use the technology they already have built and tested - let them serve the banners, do the tracking, help with recruiting and pay my affiliates. Lots of the big multi store retailers like CNS stores and Netshops use existing networks instead of trying to build their own.

I am using Post Affiliate Pro 4 from Quality Unit. You get the whole script and it's stored on your server. No complaints from me.

Hi Linda and all,
just found out this thread.

I'm regret not starting my research from this forum.
I'm in the process to start affiliate program for several of my clients in local market (non english market). So it's not possible to suggest them to join Shareasale or other affiliate network.

My plan is instead install affiliate program software to each client site, I would like to start an affiliate network for my local market. My clients consists of selling tangible and digital products. I have several questions that I really appreciate if anyone can help to answer:

1) I'm still not deciding yet if it's better to make customer pay to us first and then I pay to merchant and affiliate (clickbank model) OR make customer pay directly to merchant and then I need to ask to merchant the commission that I need to pay to affiliate (SAS, CJ model). I prefer to the first solution (customer pay to us first, clickbank model) because most merchants here will find difficulty to handle order from website (payment processor problem, administration etc). And it's much easier for us to have the money first, so we can make sure our affiliate received the money.

2) Is there any affiliate software that accomodate this model? I'm interest with Post Affiliate Pro 4, but it's not really an affiliate network software. Alstrasoft Aff Network Pro is the top rank in search engine, but I can't find honest review from the customer. Is there any suggestion about this?

Please advise. thanks a lot.

Sukarto

Honestly there's varying levels. Ads4dough used to run on Directtrack and I think it lacks a lot of things, number 1 being support. It's also a fairly expensive solution in my opinion for what it offers. So we moved over to Hitpath which is fantastic, but very expensive. So if you're looking for a simple, cheaper solution there's 2 things I'd suggest.

1. Tatto now has a free up to 1 million clicks a month affiliate network software at hasoffers.com I think for small affiliate programs or networks this option might be good. However keep in mind tatto has an industry reputation you might research and question whether it is a good idea or not. That choice would be in your court after doing your research.

2. Look at Linktrust. It's a great very low cost solution. It lacks a bunch of things for larger affiliate networks. But they're making it better. It's very reasonable, like $1500 a month for the base level. There are a bunch of smaller networks that use it as well as advertisers.

MI
Back