The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

A Case for Corporate Dictatorship

Graybeard

>>>
When founders come in to pitch our firm—one as the CEO and the other as President—the conversation often goes like this:

“Who is running the company?”
“We are,” they both say.
“Who makes the final decision?”
“We do.”
“How long do you expect to run that way?”
“Forever.”
“So you’ve decided to make it more difficult for every employee to get work done so that you don’t have to decide who is in charge, is that right?”

That usually results in silence.<<<
The Fine Line Between Fear and Courage

Got a pair? Balls to the wall ;)

Actually, a command and control corporate hierarchy kinda sucks as the employees need to feel empowered with some self direction and a feeling of 'belonging --for a company to work in the long run (from what I have seen personally).
Good people will not stay otherwise and attrition costs dearly in organizational effectiveness ;)

a command and control corporate hierarchy kinda sucks as the employees need to feel empowered with some self direction and a feeling of 'belonging --for a company to work in the long run (from what I have seen personally).

I agree. I spent 10 years working for a company that didn't give department heads any authority. None. It was just a title and someone to blame and do the head honcho's bidding. For low pay, no benefits, no pension. That company kept downsizing and then went bankrupt.

Good people will not stay otherwise

Yes, high turnover. People will only stay until they find something else. Although, they sometimes have a loyalty to one of those department heads and stay (guilty).

just saw this in relation to open source software :D
44273568180-a028c4cfc1-h.jpg

banners
Back