Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

8 SEO Myths Debunked

D

djbaxter

8 SEO Myths Debunked
by Jill Whalen
From High Rankings Advisor: Google Myths Debunked - Issue No. 280

One of my favorite pastimes is debunking SEO myths ? and there are many! I could probably come up with 100 SEO-related ideas or actions that people think are helpful, but which in reality won't provide them with more targeted traffic to their websites.

Here are some of the more prevalent myths I hear and see bandied about in SEO articles, at SEO conferences, in SEO blogs and on SEO forums:

SEO Myth #1: You need special search engine pages.
While it's not as prevalent as it used to be, we still get calls from companies who want us to create some sort of "SEO landing pages." While landing pages often make sense for paid search campaigns such as Google AdWords, they're unnecessary for organic SEO campaigns. Well, I shouldn't say that they're unnecessary ? it's just that your SEO landing pages shouldn't be something outside of your site. They should already exist as an integral part of it. If those aren't currently bringing you search engine traffic, it doesn't mean you need to add new pages, it means you have to optimize your existing ones better.

SEO Myth #2: You need to optimize for just one keyword phrase per page.
Many, many SEOs and businesses believe that you should optimize each page of your site for just one keyword phrase. Their thinking is that you will keep a strong focus on that one keyword phrase. The problem with this is, first, it's very difficult if not impossible to write a page in a natural manner while you're trying to focus on just one keyword phrase. And second, it's a waste of a good page!

Read more...

banners
Back