The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

50 Affiliate Sites Challenge

Linda Buquet

affiliate
I syndicate the Adventures in Net Marketing blog here at 5 Star because I love the way BJ writes about her experience being an affiliate marketer. I also think sometimes affiliates can learn more from sharing with each other than listening to gurus or AMs. BJ and Chrissie have challenged themselves and each other to create 50 new affiliate site before Christmas - a lofty goal. However with the way they are doing it, by publicly announcing their goals and having their readers and each hold them accountable should make it both motivating and fun.

I encourage you to read the challenge, keep up with their progress and JOIN IN if you are up for the challenge! I'm thinking about making this a contest and donating a prize if they build some sites for any of the
<a target="_new" href="http://affiliate-directory.5staraffiliateprograms.com/">50 programs in the 5 Star Affiliate Programs Directory</a>. Hmmmm...

<strong><a target="_new" href="http://www.adventuresinnetmarketing.com/2006/04/50_affiliate_si.html">Adventures in Net Marketing: 50 Affiliate Sites Challenge</a></strong> "Chrissie and I have decided to embark on a "50 Affiliate Sites Challenge". Our goal? To develop 50 affiliate sites by the start of the Christmas shopping season (October or thereabouts).

Ever since we decided to start on the challenge, I've been feeling super-motivated, and I've had lots and lots of ideas. I will be creating my sites in two ways. One set of sites will be based on product datafeeds, while the other set will be keyword driven, have a smaller number of pages and focus on merchants in small niches, or on a small number of products."
If any of you are interested in joining the challenge, BJ would love to hear from you.
Read the rest at the link above, then come talk about the challenge.
You up for it???
:p

I love the idea and am tempted to join in, but right now it's just a goal, not a challenge... where's the competition?

I can have 50 sites live by tomorrow... doesn't mean they'll make any money by Christmas. Know what I'm saying? :)

So true. Still thought it was great that they are challenging each other and inviting more to join in. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, love the idea and am still tempted to participate. ;)

That leads me to a good idea for you, Linda. Why not do an affiliate version of the "V7ndotcom blehblahblah" contest?

Pick a merchant, or category, or product, and award prizes to whoever brings home the most bacon . :)

50 - ugh. I'm still struggling with 1. Having a site is one thing, having a site that gets traffic and produces REVENUE (even profit!) that's something else.

Traffic building is my weak point. That and wanting something to be "perfect" before I put it out.

Jeff

Traffic building is definitely the hardest part... as for "perfect", I've learned that nobody's seeing it for the first couple weeks anyway... might as well start promoting and you'll have something to do while you wait for the hordes to come pounding down your door. :)

Im REAL new at the simple basics of just creating and building my own site. I have many affiliate programs that I have joined with or considered, but can someone please help me to get started? All suggestions and support would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :confused:

Hi Barb,

Welcome to 5 Star. We would love to help and answer your question but for you to get the most support, the best thing is to start a NEW thread in the general forum with a good subject line - New Help - How to get started in Affiliate Marketing or something like that. That way more people will hopefully see your post and jump in with answers instead of your request for help being buried in this thread. ALSO and as important, others that are new can more easily find a thread and learn from the answers we give you.

Additionally then we can keep this topic on track.
Make sense???

banners
Back