The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

$300 to spend on seo. Whats will be the most effective way to spend it?

racemepls

affiliate
Thank god there is a newbie forum here. Ok my site currently ranks as a 0 in google's eyes in importancy. I signed up for a million of those web directory pages to no results yet. I've been learning keywords and meta tags and incorperating them into my website and I know it's going to take some time. So I bugged the wife(very supportive) to let me spend a bit. My question is what is the most effective way to spend my $300 to increase my rank?

My answer is save your money and focus on getting backlinks to your site
Some methods are

Article marketing. So write good niche focussed articles and submit to article directories with do follow links. Add a link to your website in your author bio

Forum participation. Again find forums that allow do follow links in the signatures and participate usefully and actively in the forums. Again have your website link as your signature

Press release. Not one I have had to use personally but I am told it works

Link bait. Write comprehensive articles on your website. If they are really good, other webmasters will naturally link to them

Link exchange. Again not one I use anymore, I tend to go for one way links, but they are better than no links at all

I am sure others will add more

Good luck

Hi racemepls,

I'm going to tell you to save your money right now too. :p

I suggest that 1st you post your site in our site review forum so we can take a look and be sure you're doing all you should be as far as onpage SEO.

NOTE: you need 10 posts before you can post a site review.

Then I would work on following some of the advice Niche gave you above.

Additionally here are some of our best traffic generating tips and many of them include link building tips. Almost all of the traffic sources are free.

Thanks I found your links and advice very useful and will definitly incoorperate them into my website. I really don't want to miss out on the holiday season this year though. Don't get me wrong I know the long term is more important but what is the best way I can drive short term traffic to my site? I average about 50 visiters a day through social networking like twitter and myspace but being in wireless(cell phone affiliate) it's not very targeted traffic. I figured I could spend a couple bucks just to get some taffic for the holidays. So what would be my best bet?

Well I think the best way to get targeted traffic is PPC, but Adwords is making it really hard for affiliates to advertise these days. You would really need to do a lot of learning about PPC before doing it and it's easy to just blow a lot of money without getting a return. Plus cell phone keywords are probably really expensive I would think.

How about advertising on some cell phone forums or blogs?

Well I think the best way to get targeted traffic is PPC, but Adwords is making it really hard for affiliates to advertise these days. You would really need to do a lot of learning about PPC before doing it and it's easy to just blow a lot of money without getting a return. Plus cell phone keywords are probably really expensive I would think.

How about advertising on some cell phone forums or blogs?

I figured that there will probably be 500 websites bidding on "free phone". How do I advertise on cell phone forums and blogs with out it being spam? signature maybe? I just read the title of this thread thats what happens when you post at 130am lol, sorry. Linda I especially want to thank you for your help. It's been very informative.

I figured that there will probably be 500 websites bidding on "free phone".

Yes that's why you need to learn how to do it. Part of making it work would be to find the longer tail search phrases people are using that would be less expensive and less competitive.

How do I advertise on cell phone forums and blogs with out it being spam? signature maybe? I just read the title of this thread thats what happens when you post at 130am lol, sorry. Linda I especially want to thank you for your help. It's been very informative.

No since you have money you want to spend, when I say advertise on forums and blogs I'm talking paid ads.

You are very welcome for the help. :)

If I had $300 to spend on SEO, I will only use around $35 out of it to purchase an auto comment posting software(I ain't advising you to do such ooh) and keep the rest to myself.~~

I would outsource some backlinks....

For $100, you can buy 150 PR 6-9 backlinks...that will get you off to a good start and will save you days of work time.

Hello,

1st post if you can believe that but have been a member for a long time here.

Cell phone CPA works very well OFFLINE. Meaning, you can put up flyers in the "for sale" wall you usually see in grocery stores. You know, where you see people selling furniture, baby sitting services, etc.

I did this with a CPA weight loss product and I still make a couple of hundred dollars a month and that's ONLY the one grocery store by me.

I'd spend the $300 on flyers or even hire someone from Craiglist to hang the flyers in these grocery stores in a 10 mile radius. You could offer $10 per store. Have them take a digital pic at the store(s) for proof. Heck, do it yourself!

As you know, the CPA networks give you all the marketing material for FREE. Get this printed and get out there! If you don't want to go for the sale then at least drive them to your blog or website and use an optin form. Get them on an autoresponder list so you can sell to them forever. :)

Dennis

My answer is save your money and focus on getting backlinks to your site
Some methods are

Article marketing. So write good niche focussed articles and submit to article directories with do follow links. Add a link to your website in your author bio

Forum participation. Again find forums that allow do follow links in the signatures and participate usefully and actively in the forums. Again have your website link as your signature

Press release. Not one I have had to use personally but I am told it works

Link bait. Write comprehensive articles on your website. If they are really good, other webmasters will naturally link to them

Link exchange. Again not one I use anymore, I tend to go for one way links, but they are better than no links at all

I am sure others will add more

Good luck

I am using these (and some others) ways to promote my websites so I can recommend these tactics to you. However, if you are really going to spend some money you can hire somebody to speed up the process. E. g. link exchange can be outsourced by somebody, you can hire a writer who will write some articles for you, etc.

My advice from a good few years of experience?

Forget the SEO, take the money and get yourself a Site Build It. Your traffic will grow and no need to pull your hair out trying to figure it all out.

Best money you will ever invest.

I have to agree that backlink building at this stage is the most important thing to do. You can spend the money to get those one-way-links to your site.

banners
Back