The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

3-Way Link Questions

Dont like them personally.
One way is the best, then 2 way but I dont see the point of 3 way... natural incoming links are the most powerful links you can get.

Most of the time, a 3 way linking system is a scam. If you are using a 3 way system, it is hard to keep track of "the chain" so to speak. They do give you some juice if from relevant pages, but most of these are from catagory pages in a link directory , thus lowering the value.

One way links rule. Articles, press releases, link bait, social bookmarking are some of the better sources for one way links that make much bigger gains than 3 ways.

If its done excessively - it ain't healthy :D

Too much 3 way linking might arouse suspision that you are out to manipulate the SERPs. And if those sites are hoster on the same server, you are at very high risk.

Just a personal opinion....1 way are definitely:D and wish I had waaay more of em. Have quite a few 2 way but probably need many more. Just don't have time to devote to much of it. Hate to say this, but to be honest....when I start to read a request and it's a 3 way, I stop there. Don't do them at all. For many reasons, don't think they really mean much or guess should say have much value to em and just don't have time to try to keep up with em.

Thanks

Thanks Guys,

All what you have said is what I suspected. When I got the 3 way request, it somehow felt sleazy and especially because one of the links was from a completely irrelevant site to mine, so I didn't see much sense. in it.

I hate when that happens! I often get (spam) emails asking for a link exchange say from my travel site, and they want to advertise a poker site on it?? I dont think so! That's a really fast way to devalue your site.

That is true. You must get quality links from sites in the same niche.
That will help your site. Also try getting only 1 way links. (writing good articles people can link to)

One-Way Linking

Hi,

I think one way linking is the best and are rated high by the major search engines. Quality one way links help us gain good page rank easily, rather than two way or three way linking. And more over three way linking would also create suspicion for the search engines.

McCain.

I once joined a 3 way link program and I never saw results... I believe the best thing you can do is write VALUABLE content or give your visitors valuable tools, or anything valuable (yes, valuable is the keyword), and just let people know about your site in forums or other places, and then you'll start seeing some good traffic coming to your site.

Eventually your visitors will post about your site in other forums, in other websites, etc. and you'll get A LOT of traffic in no time.

The effort you were going to put into gaining links is better to use it into making better content.

Well, that's just my opinion.

Feels a bit hokey and "forced" to me. Just my 2 cents. It's just easier to do it the natural and "white hat" ways that are just fine.

Sheree

I once joined a 3 way link program and I never saw results... I believe the best thing you can do is write VALUABLE content or give your visitors valuable tools, or anything valuable (yes, valuable is the keyword), and just let people know about your site in forums or other places, and then you'll start seeing some good traffic coming to your site.

Eventually your visitors will post about your site in other forums, in other websites, etc. and you'll get A LOT of traffic in no time.

The effort you were going to put into gaining links is better to use it into making better content.

Well, that's just my opinion.

I agree with you completely, although I do think that relevant link exchanges are a vital part of a rounded linking strategy, especially with a new low rank site.

Thanks for your input.

C'mon - "write good content" is just repeating what everyone else repeats on forums and is a total copout.

Give me an aged site, I can write the worst content in the world, get a few links and if the keywords are in all the right places it WILL rank.

SEO is a mathematical algorythm. It is not smart. The solution is pure mathematics and "quality" (as a human perceives it) is a subjective issue that doesn't enter that problem.

Content with properly placed keywords + links that take into account semantics = rankings.

Build it and they will come is pie in the sky.

banners
Back