The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

3 Tips for Writing Articles That Get Results

AboveAverageContent

affiliate
Create Headlines People Will Click
A lot of times people get so wrapped up in getting their keywords in an article they spend little time on the headline. Creating a click worthy headline should be one of your top priorities. The headline is what will give your article a chance to deliver the results you want.

Focus On Providing Great Info - Not Selling your product
Yes the goal is to get more sales or leads but it can't look like that. People hate being sold too. Give them timely and accurate information and the selling will take care of itself.

Go for Quantity and Quality
Never sacrifice quality for quantity. It's better to have one article that gets read and shared than 100 that never get read. I know people use unreadable articles just for the back-links but do want to take the chance of those articles being the first contact someone has with your company?

The biggest tip I can give you is to think of the people and products you like and follow. Are they constantly selling or providing you with value?

To this I would add...

While you don't straight up "sell" in an article, the article content itself should set the mindset of the reader to prepare them to click on the link in the "resource area" of the article.

In other words, don't write an article where the solid content doesn't "flow" into the resource area and "get the click".

And that leads to one more...

The resource box should be written as a natural continuation of the article itself, not as what I call a "blah, blah" resource box:

Blah Blah resource box...

"Mr. Sleepy Time is an expert on narcolepsy and writes for Stay Awake magazine. You can find out more at http:// www. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz .com"

Non Blah Blah resource box...

"If you've enjoyed reading '5 Tips To Stay Awake At Work', you can get the full report '29 Tips To Stay Awake At Work' for free at http:// www. noreallyimawake .com"

Simple examples, I know, and no similarity to actual people, websites or events are intended. :)

Great points Joseph! Even a simple for more information on this subject or product can work well and get you those clicks.

I would test "for more information" against the type of resource box I recommended above (flowing into the resource box) to see which gives more clicks ;)

That way, you can find out which would work better for your business.

Testing, testing, testing...the 3 T's of marketing :)

banners
Back