The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

3 Insider Secrets About Affiliate Marketing The Ebooks Seem To Leave Out...

Joseph Ratliff

<b>5 Star Success Guru</b>
Here's 3 little secrets about the affiliate marketing business that ebooks tend to leave out...

1) Think outside the box that ebooks and courses put you in. This is not a rant against the bad information out there on this subject (although there is a lot of it), but if you have learned something from a course or coaching of some type?don?t let that stop you from using your friggin? imagination and doing something you think is right for your business.

Our brains are way too complex and powerful to stop at ?doing what the course/coaching told me to.?

Think outside the box people. There?s nothing more frustrating for me to see than clients who say that ?something won?t work because ?x? told me it wouldn?t work.? Bull. Test it yourself and see if it works?let that test result form your opinion and never let anyone tell you something doesn?t work unless they have specific data or results to back up their opinion.

2) If you are the type who wants to figure this whole business out before going out and risking some and testing?let me give you a BIG secret here:

You?re NOT going to figure out this business and all the risks associated with it before you try. It doesn?t work that way. Besides, by trying to figure it all out first, you?re actually opening yourself up to more harm than good?because what works for someone else, may not work for you any how.

So, if this describes you, quit posting in forums like this one with the question ?If I do ____________, what results can I expect?? or a variation of that question. The answers you get could be totally baseless, and wrong (not applicable to your situation)?and what good does that do you?

3) Your whole affiliate marketing business world is NOT online. That?s right, I said it.

Private partnerships that pay better than affiliate networks?offline affiliate businesses?talking to people instead of hiding behind your screen?etc? there are offline options to consider. Affiliate networks are great, don't get me wrong, because they remove some of the risks associated with affiliate marketing...but they are not the end-all to your opportunities.

Folks, in the end this is freakin? business, and business is about people, not about hiding.

If you don?t have the guts to stand out and communicate to people with the intention of building relationships that help build your business and theirs?this business might not be for you, and it?s very hard to succeed if you don?t get out there and talk to people.

What do I mean when I say talk to people?

Yep, I mean things like picking up the friggin? telephone and talking to people once in awhile (I do it way more than once in awhile myself), getting out of your office and talking to other business owners, going to seminars and actually doing some real networking?etc?

If you?re afraid to do those things, I am sorry to say that same fear will manifest itself in other ways and become a serious roadblock to success as an affiliate marketer.

You need to learn the following to some degree (and please don?t let this paralyze you, you can learn as you go along)?

Learn marketing, learn copywriting, learn selling, learn business building?then get to work talking to people and forming the relationships that will help you to thousands of dollars as an affiliate.

Enough said.

As I say on my blog, in my contact with clients, and over and over again...

Business is, always has been, and always will be about people, people.

Remember that, and you'll do fine. :D

Yep, I mean things like picking up the friggin’ telephone and talking to people once in awhile (I do it way more than once in awhile myself), getting out of your office and talking to other business owners

Joseph, as a newbie, I particularly appreciate your post. My background is not in ecommerce or AM. However, I do have a background in offline based marketing, sales and prospecting. One of the niches that I am currently researching has products available through affiliate networks - but many more products that are high-quality from small merchants that are NOT currently involved in any affiliate program at all.

I can easily invision myself contacting those small merchants, by phone, perhaps even face-to-face, and trying to establish an affiliate relationship. Heck, it's no different outside the internet - except then the term would be 'commision sales', right?

But here's where I get lost: If I were to establish such a relationship, how can I protect myself and be sure that I would be paid? I know the merchant can purchase tracking software, but what if they do not want to invest in that expense? (I am assuming that these tracking packages are expensive - perhaps that is incorrect?)

Last edited by a moderator:
But here's where I get lost: If I were to establish such a relationship, how can I protect myself and be sure that I would be paid? I know the merchant can purchase tracking software, but what if they do not want to invest in that expense? (I am assuming that these tracking packages are expensive - perhaps that is incorrect?)

Just because the relationship is offline, doesn't mean there is any less or more trust that will be developed as a business relationship.

Yes, you could get cheated, it's possible...but most people are honest, and won't cheat you at all (I have only been cheated once).

You could incorporate special call-in codes, affiliate links (even offline), and other identification methods as well.

Very interesting advice on taking things outside of the internet. I have to 100% agree with your advice to get out there and try things for yourself. Although I am new to Internet Marketing I have already learned so much from trying a few different ideas and watching them fall flat on their face. Learning to promote businesses, products and services online is not difficult but it certainly takes time.

Very interesting advice on taking things outside of the internet. I have to 100% agree with your advice to get out there and try things for yourself. Although I am new to Internet Marketing I have already learned so much from trying a few different ideas and watching them fall flat on their face. Learning to promote businesses, products and services online is not difficult but it certainly takes time.

And the old saying goes...

"In the absence of true mentorship, simply do what others won't do and get rich." :cool:

banners
Back