The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

2007 Halloween Costumes & Party Plans?

Rachna06

affiliate
Hi everyone,

Halloween is right around the corner!

Do you know what YOU are going to be this year?

I more enjoy the idea of somehow creating a costume, cutting out paper wings and glueing them together and on you if you are going to be a bee or something, for example. ;)

This year, I have decided that I'd like to wear a wig. But that's as far as I've gotten. I'm quite clueless! :confused:

Anyone have any suggestions for me? Funny costume stories (and nightmares) are also welcome! :D

Rachna06, I have an advantage over most people on Halloween since my face looks like a permanent Halloween mask.:D

I have one special post that I will make close to Halloween. I think everyone will like it. I already have it planned.

I don't have any specific suggestions for you. I always like to see people dressed like animals. I think it would be funny for a bunch of people to dress like realistic looking animals on Halloween and go to a zoo.

Looking forward to reading the Halloween post, Larwee! :)

Speaking of dressing up as realistic-looking animals, back in college, one of my best friends Corey, was dressed as a really colorful bird...I mean, REALLY colorful. He's really tall and he had on quite the large red cardboard beak and all.

We were walking over to a party in the evening and I think he scared a couple of small children! I still remember a little boy hiding behind his mom as we walked by. :p

Well I'm not dressing up buy just took my 2 year old grand daughter out to get her costume. We already have the most beautiful white feather angel wings and white feather halo. But shes funny about wearing certain things and the feather scare her so doesn't like to wear it.

So I said maybe if we take her shopping and let HER pick the costume she wants she'll wear it. She loves Elmo, so we thought she'd like that one. But she wouldnt even try it on. It was hot in the store and it was a really thick furry costume. She just kept saying "Elmo hot" (She's just starting to talk and say 2 word sentences).

She picked Winnie the Pooh and wore it all through Toys R Us for about an hour while we shopped. We wanted her to wear it to be sure she'd leave it on. We kept asking her if she' like to be Elmo or a Princess or Tigger. She kept saying "just Pooh." So that was it - he made her decision and even though Pooh would not have been my choice she looked SOOOOOO adorable. :p

Shoot I had my new Flip video camera in my purse and forgot to take a video.
Could have showed you guys.

i looooove halloween and am also stuck for a good costume idea this year. I think (for adults at least) the quirky, homemade costumes are always the best, and a wig is a good place to start;)

Linda, your grandaughter sounds adorable! I used to love staying home and handing out treats so that I could see all of the toddlers in their adorable little costumes :D

Thanks Julia, she is pretty adorable! :)

Tomorrow AM I'm taking off for a couple hours, which I seldom do.
Allie's play group is dressing up in costumes and going to a pumpkin patch
that has a petting zoo and other fun kid stuff. I never take off to go to her play group, so am excited to meet all her friends and take video of all the Halloween festivities with my new Flip camera.

Maybe if my video turns out and I can get it uploaded I'll post it here. :p

My dressed up as a bag of groceries a few years ago. I had a baguette, box of cereal, some grapes and fruits over flowing from the top.

I had way too much fun making my costume than wearing it. I think I may have to it revive the costume idea again this year. Maybe I'll be a shopping cart instead!

Ohhhh, the possibilities. I am sort of still hoping that I can still find a lobster suit. Oh how I would love to be a glorious red homard from the Atlantic. :)

I found the picture of my wonderful grocery store bag costume, made with love:

n502773238_185817_9843.jpg

I guess I ate the baguettes. ;)

It's funny because NONE of the kids in the play group (about 8 kids)
looked like they had fun in any of the videos. I think they were a little
too young for this and the costumes and all the people sorta scared
and overwhelmed them. Maybe next year they'll enjoy it more.
The Moms had fun though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Halloween costumes...

I was in Cologne, Germany for Carnival last spring...I thought the costumes were pretty clever--for instance, there are the traditional witch hats made of felt that had a narrow, not a broad, brim...also many women dressed as Swiss maids, German nurses, Prussian women with the white powder wigs, and yes, there were even a couple of Britney Spears costumes as well...:)

Hey Gunther, welcome to 5 Star. :)

Here are the top 5 TV inspired Halloween Costumes for 2007
according to YahooBuzz. (The link shows the top 20 if you want to see more.)

1) <a href="http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=hannah+montana+costume&amp;cs=bz&amp;fr=buzz">Hannah Montana Costume</a>
2) <a href="http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=high+school+musical+costumes&amp;cs=bz&amp;fr=buzz">High School Musical Costumes</a>
3) <a href="http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=sharpay+costume&amp;cs=bz&amp;fr=buzz">Sharpay Costume</a>
4) <a href="http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=dog+the+bounty+hunter+costume&amp;cs=bz&amp;fr=buzz">Dog the Bounty Hunter Costume</a>
5) <a href="http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=flintstones+costumes&amp;cs=bz&amp;fr=buzz">Flintstones Costumes</a>

Funny that the Flintstones is such an old cartoon, yet still so popular.

Haloween Plans???

What are your plans for Halloween?

I used to be a Halloween Party Animal, back when I still partied. :p

Now the big event every year is called Trunk or Treat. :D
It's in the parking lot of my daughter's church and the kids
safely trick or treat from car to car. Since it's all people from the church
we know everything is OK and it's a pretty big deal. Lots of people show up.

Kinda cool to because people with pickups, back their truck into the area and then build a halloween scenes in the truck bed and make it look then look like graveyards, or put up scarecrows. And there is loud spooky music and smoke. Then the church feeds everyone dinner and we all sit outside eating chili dogs. It's as much fun for us adults as it is for the kids and has such a great small time community feel to it.

I'm excited, can't wait to take Allie the Pooh. :D

So what about you guys???

Awwwwwhh your Allie is sooo cute and makes such a cute bear......does this mean we may be related? lol :)

Church idea definitely sounds like fun....kinda sad tho that a lot of people are doing this nowadays. Other folks who look forward to seein the little people goin house to house won't get to see em. :( Can understand tho. :)

Big event where we live. Anywhere from 100 to 140 kids come around. It goes in spurts..lol one or two earlybirds like maybe 4:30, nothin til maybe 6:30 ....one or two, if ya close your eyes there can be maybe 10 back to back....quiet again for a while and outa nowhere a bunch again. lol Most of us sit out on our steps with the candy waiting for the kids and neighbors can talk to each other.

One of my nieces brings her kids over, they go around a little then come back for ummm (yeap, do spoil em. lol as if candy's not enough I make em brownies....they sit around on our steps eatin em and they get to pass out the candy to the kids then . They seem to really enjoy that part. lol :)

My favorite idea would be to be a purple m&m. lol :) kids in the past have made their own m&m costumes. Some other cute ideas that have been made have been, some teenage girls come dressed in footie pj's and holding their teddy bears and a pillow....supposed to be them having a slumber party. lol :)
another cute one was a washing machine. Just a box and had cotton balls stuck all over it to be the suds. lol :) Read somewhere else a cute idea.....get dressed in black leotard outfit and tape purple balloons to ya and you're a bunch of grapes. (I like that one)

Hope everybody enjoys themselves. I love givin the candy out to the kids and seein how cute they look.:)

oops almost forgot, LeMichelle: loved the grocery bag idea, you looked cute:)

Baby Pumpkin Belly

Hi PB. There are lots of cute purple things you could be.
Have fun giving the kids their candy.

Here's a cute pic of my son and daughter-in-law from
last Halloween when she was still pregnant.

I bet Grayson is going to hate it when I call him
"my little Punkin" in front of his friends when he gets bigger! :p

Baby Punkin
babypunkin.jpg

Cute, huh?

Just won the the worst costume for the second year running in the office! It is becoming a good winning habit.

Happy Halloween everyone!

I just met Allie in the park for a quick play date after my Dentist appt.

She was wearing her other Halloween outfit - a gorgeous white feather angel costume. Wish I would have known we were meeting up and she was looking so angelic, I would have brought my camera! It is just GORGEOUS.

So maybe she won?t be Pooh tonight. We?re letting her choose, so it?s anyone?s guess. You know how fickle 2 year old girls can be. I have my fingers crossed she'll be an Angel, but something tells me she will still end up being Allie the Pooh. :p

I bet Grayson is going to hate it when I call him
"my little Punkin" in front of his friends when he gets bigger! :p

Baby Punkin
babypunkin.jpg

Cute, huh?

Oh yeah they will love it. You should dress Grayson in a pumpkin outfit and then bring out the pics on his 21st birthday!

MI
Back