$20 on bidvertiser. The results.

eh2zed

Well $20 worth of advertising heres the results:

81000 impressions
205 clicks
.25% ctr
averge ctc .10

ZERO SALES!

Grrrrrrr, someone please inspire me to not quit lol. This is so frustrating. I thought I'd get at least ONE sale out of that. NONE :eek:

Sounds like you need highly targeted advertising. What are you promoting?

With 81,000 impressions you should have at least generated the industry standard of 1% or 810 clicks. Out of those 810 clicks you should have converted at least 8 sales or 1%. Obviously those are not set in stone and rely on a variety of factors but those are the general numbers.

I experimented with bidvertiser for a while but was also unhappy with the overall results. Strictly Adwords for me until a better solution comes along.

Also try testing your ad copy some. For launching better PPC campaigns I recommend you investigate Perry Marshalls: Definitive Guide to Goolge Adwords . (no affiliate link)

What is going on?

eh2zed said:
Well $20 worth of advertising heres the results:

81000 impressions
205 clicks
.25% ctr
averge ctc .10

ZERO SALES!

Grrrrrrr, someone please inspire me to not quit lol. This is so frustrating. I thought I'd get at least ONE sale out of that. NONE :eek:

From those stats it looks like your ads ****. Benefits in the First line, Benefits in the second line ...
Also are you testing ads?

Run at least two different versions of an ad for each ad group. then after 100 or 200 impressions, see which one got the highest clicks. Be sure to turn your ad optimization OFF. Get rid of the loser and replace it with another ad. The one that got the highest clicks is your control...keep it, until the next ad beats it. Continue this process indefinitely...this will raise your CTR.

As far as sales....that's another matter... your sales page needs to match the traffic coming to your site. Then it needs to grab the sufers by the mouse and turn them upside down and shake their credit cards out of their wallets with hot, sizzlin', mouth watering sales copy.

Hope this helps!
Enigma Valdez

"Then it needs to grab the sufers by the mouse and turn them upside down and shake their credit cards out of their wallets with hot, sizzlin', mouth watering sales copy."

Love that line, Enigma! Can I use it sometime??? :p

eh2zed,

I'm sure that's frustrating, but $20 is barely a start. Others are right you probably need to target better and test your copy, ad placement and landing page. Also some programs are easier to convert on and some take awhile for sales to happen. If these are retail products with cookies you still could get a sale later.

BUT 1 sale out of 100 clicks is good - like Stephen said. You only got 200 clicks, which is not enough to quit over. Test, study some more, then try again with more targeted traffic and/or possibly a different program.

Getting that 1st sale is the hardest and can seem to take forever.
Once you get the 1st sale they start coming easier.

HANG IN THERE!!!

Linda Buquet said:
"Then it needs to grab the sufers by the mouse and turn them upside down and shake their credit cards out of their wallets with hot, sizzlin', mouth watering sales copy."

Love that line, Enigma! Can I use it sometime??? :p

Sure you can use it...but I'll warn you now - you may want to hire a few new secretaries to answer all those orders afterwards.. hehehehe :D

MI
Back