The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

1st Affiliate Website? Where to get it? How to build it?

If you are interested in building your website off of a free blog, then the 2 most popular choices seem to be wordpress and blogger.

I would highly recommend that you choose wordpress if you are looking to create a blog. They come with an invisible traffic counter built in, so you are not adding a tracker to each blog post. Also in my opinion they look a lot cleaner than the blogger set up.

However, blogger does have an advantage in that they are hosted by Google and they have made it very easy to ad Google Ads to your blog.

Second That

I'll second that recommendation for Hostgator. I've been through dozens of hosts for both my own sites and for customers and for one reason or another they have all sucked. I've had good luck with HG though.

GoDaddy is cheap, but I can't stand their interface. I have a few domains with them, but lately I've been using Registry Rocket through Hostgator. Not quite as cheap, but much less of a cluster for the interface.

Thanks for that... I am a total newbie... havent even got off the ground yet... read lots of stuff and read lots more stuff... information overload at times... now struggling to get started... I want to start with a blog... happy to buy domain name but how do i then create a blog site with that domain name... i dont want a free blog site..... hope I am making sense to you... but I really want to get started... just need some help!

Hi eagerbeaver. Wordpress is free and if you get hosting with Fantastico (which most hosts have) then you can install Wordpress right in Cpanel (the hosting control panel.

Also search the forum for "installing Wordpress" type keywords for more help.

Thanks Linda... still trying to get my head around it all...trying to put it all together... appreciate this forum and all the info, great to have somewhere to ask questions :)

Hey rob, well I havent build my website , though was planning b4 but might anyway in future

However I have heard sitebuildit is pretty good but it will cost you i think around $299/year

But visit this http://www.2createawebsite.com/ it will help you.

There will be lots of options as well mayb you could google it

Good Luck

Hi Rob,

Looks like you already got a lot of great advice in here. I kind of did what Teli mentioned.
I started out with a WP blog, used the themes and it turned out great. Blogs are great for free SE Traffic, Plus there are so many free tutorials online about using WP, they make it really easy. Best of Luck!

Best
Craig

Hello,

If I were just starting out, I would just build one page - a squeeze page. Simple html page, and not a full website. This would save me loads of time, but the best thing is, by doing this, I would make at least 10 times more money than with just a website.

Just my thoughts, if the goal #1 is to make profits.

If I were just starting out, I would just build one page - a squeeze page. Simple html page, and not a full website. This would save me loads of time, but the best thing is, by doing this, I would make at least 10 times more money than with just a website.

Thanks for your opinion Alex.

I'd just like to let affiliates know I strongly disagree with this strategy.
Free search engine traffic is one of the best sources of traffic. If you want people to find you on Google and other search engines you need compelling, keyword rich content in order to attract visitors. No content = no free search traffic. In fact Google would not even like a site at all that only had a squeeze page.

Thanks Linda :)

You know, that`s what I was believing in for along time. And that was the time, when I was making like $200 per month, and working hard, very hard. And honestly, I realized that what I do, is I work for Google.... I depend on Google and other search engines. And I don`t want to depend on anything, because it`s my business.

What I want to say - is IT IS GOOD to optimize your articles in directories, so THOSE ARTICLES get search engine traffic. Then those people come to my squeeze page, and I get them on my list. That traffic is mine, for years to come. and I don`t need to spend time on building a website. This way I don`t care about any search engine rules changes. And they DO change.

Anyways, this is the way I know I can make at least 10 times more than building the website for the search engine. And I can start making money in like one week. How long does it take to start making money by building a website? ;)

Good luck!
Alex

Thanks very much. Great posts.I've learn many things from here regarding affiliates websites. Now I will try to follow ur suggestions

Get Dreamweaver CS4

Go to Adobe.com and download Dreamweaver CS4..you can get a free 30 day trial.

Then go to lynda.com and watch some tutorials on how to build a site using DW CS4's templates.

You can build a great looking site this way and plus learn along the way.

Thanks Linda :)

You know, that`s what I was believing in for along time. And that was the time, when I was making like $200 per month, and working hard, very hard. And honestly, I realized that what I do, is I work for Google.... I depend on Google and other search engines. And I don`t want to depend on anything, because it`s my business.

What I want to say - is IT IS GOOD to optimize your articles in directories, so THOSE ARTICLES get search engine traffic. Then those people come to my squeeze page, and I get them on my list. That traffic is mine, for years to come. and I don`t need to spend time on building a website. This way I don`t care about any search engine rules changes. And they DO change.

Anyways, this is the way I know I can make at least 10 times more than building the website for the search engine. And I can start making money in like one week. How long does it take to start making money by building a website? ;)

Good luck!
Alex

Hi Alex

I agree & disagree if i can do that

For promoting products & services that are about to be or have just been released then your strategy is great.
A well written optimized article in ezinearticles can hit #1 in google in a matter of minutes after it is accepted.

Target buy words associated with the product or service.

This is a marketing technique in itself but articles tend to fade in the results as established sites with more relevant content get indexed & ranked.

You will need to work very hard promoting & linking your article to keep it high in the serps.

You also suffer from double screening, even my best articles only have 25% clickthrough rates. To abide by the article directories T&C's you cannot use an affiliate link so you must use a landing page in your example a squeeze page.

Now only a % of the visitors will enter their details so you end up screening out a larger percentage than direct hits to your site.

I will not argue with success if its working for you well done!:)

I think Site Build It another good option. I experienced great support from them. I also have traffic result which is building up faster than I expected. They have an action guide for you to do everything right.

Hope this helps...

Go to Adobe.com and download Dreamweaver CS4..you can get a free 30 day trial.

Then go to lynda.com and watch some tutorials on how to build a site using DW CS4's templates.

You can build a great looking site this way and plus learn along the way.

Dreamweaver is very expensive for a newbie & quite hard to pick up i think time learning wordpress is better its free with your hosting package & the search engines love the format.

Wordpress sites can easily be made to look like regular sites & there are literally 1,000 of professional looking templates.

banners
Back