The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

17 yo Girl Makes $70K a Month with her Web Site

Linda Buquet

affiliate
I'm a sucker for an inspiring story, so locked my sights right in on this one over at FastCompany.

<blockquote><strong><a target="_new" href="http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/118/girl-power.html">Girl Power - WhateverLife.com</a> - No rich relatives? No professional mentors? No problem. Ashley Qualls, 17, has built a million-dollar web site. She's LOL all the way to the bank.</strong> ;-)

"At 17 going on 37 (at least), Ashley is very much an Internet professional. In the less than two years since Whateverlife took off, she has dropped out of high school, bought a house, helped launch artists such as Lily Allen, and rejected offers to buy her young company. Although Ashley was flattered to be offered $1.5 million and a car of her choice--as long as the price tag wasn't more than $100,000--she responded, in effect, Whatever.

Ashley is evidence of the meritocracy on the Internet that allows even companies run by neophyte entrepreneurs to compete, regardless of funding, location, size, or experience--and she's a reminder that ingenuity is ageless. She has taken in more than $1 million, thanks to a now-familiar Web-friendly business model. Her MySpace page layouts are available for the bargain price of...nothing. They're free for the taking. Her only significant source of revenue so far is advertising."</blockquote>
WHAT ARE THE KEYS TO HER SUCCESS???
Was she smarter than you? Probably Not!

SHE FOUND A NICHEY NICHE - Not just Myspace layouts, but layouts for teenage girls.

SHE FOUND A NICHE SHE KNOWS LOTS ABOUT - everything she does is geared toward girls just like her, so she knows what they like.

SHE'S PASSIONATE ABOUT HER NICHE - Read the article and see how even the way she designs her room - her office reflects what she does online.

SHE DOESN'T LET ANYTHING GET IN HER WAY AND IS DETERMINED to SUCCEED.

SHE WORKS HARD!

Those that hang here in the forum or read my blog on a regular basis have heard me stress those keys to success many times. This strategy may not work for everyone, but here's proof that it can pay off big-time for some!

whateverlife.com

Good for her! It makes me happy to read stories like this ;) Her site is really cute
I'm sure she will have plenty more offers to buy her company..since myspace is so popular and not everyone knows how to build their profile.

Pretty amazing. Also amazing to think that this could have been ME or any one of us.
I was the somewhat geeky girl at school who learned HTML.. unfortunately that was a little before the time of myspace etc but this girl got in at the right time. Good on her!
I like how she is employing her friends!

Always love a good success story, but I do think it's just awful that she dropped out of school. That could haunt her the rest of her life -- and this may not last for her, either.

I wish her well, but education is SO important that her dropping out of school didn't show too many "smarts".

Great Success Story

This is a great story and an inspiration to all affiliates.

Affiliate marketing does not always have to be within the most popular niche.

Just remember, if you find an affiliate program offering small comissions but there's not much rivalry/comptetiton, although the comissions are small you still can make a great success from it.

A weak market has stronger potential than a strong market, also you will find that with new or weak niches you will not have to invest heavily into ppc campaigns, ad campaigns, email capaigns etc. Good use of articles, keywords, a good site design and content can go along way into getting your site a good google ranking.

Wow! She's definitely a go-getter. Lots of perseverance and determination, however, I have to agree that her dropping out of school was not the wisest decision. :eek:

Amazing!

It is important to keep at it if you want to achieve anything. So many things could throw you off it you let them, like friends and family trying to tell you everything's a scam, or just the time it might take to be successful! It's important to keep your eyes on the prize!

You're Right

Dropping out of school wasn't the wisest decision. It might have given her more time, and I understand college isn't for everyone. But it's always a good idea to finish school, to say the least.

This is the kind of thing that I will do someday. I guess I am in the process. Once of my ideas, sites will take off!!!
I know that is what we all want.

Wow!

This story is similar to Brads Deals. Which really inspired me when I first started.

"Follow your passion and the money will follow" I read that from Linda when I first came here I believed it then and I believe it even more now!!

I know this is an old thread, but it interested me in seeing about that 17 yr old girl, i wonder if shes making that much now. Seeing as everyday the internet is filled with new things i wonder if it is still possible to make money like this doing what she did.

banners
Back