“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

YouTube and Google: Power run amok?

D

djbaxter

My First Ever Issue with YouTube
Rosalind Gardner
January 26, 2011

This is hard to believe.

My ?How Affiliate Marketing Works? video was removed from YouTube...

Read more...

... for unspecified violation of community guidelines.

When Google controls everything, Google gets to make the rules, I guess.

At what point does success turn to abuse of power? I think Google has passed that point.

Google is quite the monopoly, huh?

True. However, I'm making money off these guys w/ adsense. I really don't like it - but I'm not about to bite the hand that feeds me.

I wish Bing could get their act together - but I think that will take a while...

Google and Youtube hit the news in Germany a few weeks ago with a big report about how Google was monopolizing the search results showing only their own videos(Youtube videos).

Add on top of that, they absolutely hate affiliate marketers. You can't even promote an affiliate website with adwords any more.

Google supplies a big part of my traffic like most marketers, and like most marketers, I don't like it either.

First I want to say hello to everybody, I'm new in this forum, but I'm
almost 5 years in internet marketing. I agree with VictorEdson I experienced it on my skin,
google blocked my adwords account recently because I wanted to promote one affiliate offer.

You can try to buck Google but the smart fight is to learn and play by their rules. Are they a little power hungry and tend to monopolize to some degree? Damn right and I hate it too.

I've had Affiliate sites, AdSense sites and Adwords sites shut down but each time it was because they didn't meet all the guidelines.

Google is tough on Affiliate Marketers because of how they, we do business. Click here to get your free x. Now here x now watch this video... They make the rules because of all the marketers who take advantage of consumers.

If Google doesn't push some regulation the Government will. I'll be content to work with Google cause I sure aint interested in Uncle Sam stepping in.

MI
Back