The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Your Website is key!

GDJPrinsloo

Hi Guys

You are new to Internet marketing and you have joined a program and want to promote it.

Here is where the problem comes in.

Most New Affiliate marketers go and promote their affiliate link and wonders why nothing is happening.

The reason is that you are trying to promote a website that is probably being promoted by 10000 other people out there as well and they are all using their links that shows exactly the same page as all the other 9999 people trying to make money with the web page.

How do you solve this problem.

Step one: is buy a domain name from a webhost like godaddy, hostgator, 1&1 or GDI

Step 2: Build your own website or get someone to build it for you.

Step 3: Launch your web page.

Now why do you ask is this important?

First off, All the search engines especially Google, MSN and Yahoo only lists one of the sites on their search engines. Normally the best performing one so that means the owner of the Affiliate program's page.

Second, you can set up an e-mail account with your host and this gives you better credibility with potential clients.

Thirdly you can put a capture page on your web site that lets people opt-in to a newsletter, e-zine, training course or what ever you want to use to get them to opt-in. This is very important as now you have a list of customers you can go back to again and again and sell other products to.

There are specific “tags” used in the coding of website that are very
important to search engines. These tags are: Title, Keyword, and
Description tags

HelpMeAffiliate

I would just add...

1. Make sure that you cloak all your affiliate links.

2. Track all your visitors

If you don't know how to do these things or don't know what I'm talking about then post here and we will tell/show you.

Rob

Planning your Site Content is the initial phase of building a successful high-potential website. Discover the optimal niche for your website, find correct keywords and choose the most profitable website concept for you, then make your concept ever more profitable by analyzing and using the competition. Build website structure that is optimal from the point of view of both human visitors and search engine spiders.

I would just add...

If you don't know how to do these things or don't know what I'm talking about then post here and we will tell/show you.

Rob

Yes that has been running in my mind for quite some time now. How do they keep track of every single traffic their getting? I've seen a few screenshots. They even show which ones are new and which ones are revisiting.

Hi Guys

Just to post a reply to a few of the posts

rdennis103 said:

Here is a warning that most people don't know, even if your code is cloaked it can still be hacked by someone. What I do with my link codes is "Hard Code" it that way it is ,uch more difficult to hack. I also normally change my code to a .php instead of an .html. This make it even herder to hack.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are specific ?tags? used in the coding of website that are very
important to search engines. These tags are: Title, Keyword, and
Description tags

HelpMeAffiliate

What these tags say are what you see on Google, and other search engines when you search them, I.E.

Portland Pest Control Services by The Killers
The Killers is a Porland Oregon pest elimination company. We service areas of Oregon and SW Washington. We kill carpenter ants, termites, mice, ...
thekillers.net/- Cached -

that is correctly done Title and description compared to

auto repair santa rosa ca
auto repair santa rosa ca, McLea's Tire Centers, the best place to buy tires, servicing Santa Rosa, Cotati, Petaluma, and Sonoma.
auto repair santa rosa ca - Cached - Similar -

incorrectly done. It really makes your website unattractive no matter how good it is, because it's all in lower case and keyword spammed. no one will want to click on that.

That is a very good point lanemiller. There is also a bit more to it than that. To make your headline attract even more attention do something like this:

Would You Like To Sing Like Celine Dion? Have You Always Been Affraid That You Can't? With XXXX(Product Name) You Will Sing Like The Pro You Are Meant To Be

Your heading is valuable ad space so use it!

1.Ask a question
2. Set up a dilemma
3 Provide the solution

Now there you have a killer heading

Quick question regarding getting people to give us their email addresses -
Would you suggest that we give away something free that they could already find on the Merchants site (so as to keep uniformity), or something different? Im not sure if giving XYZ away from the merchant's site will be considered "stepping on toes"..

Secondly, many of the products I promote are not related. Would you then suggest that I create a different website for ALL of them? I could possibly create one site with a stack of subdomains ie mydomain.com/productX , mydomain.com/productY etc
In that way, I guess I could set up a "newsletter capturer" for each different sub domain.

Im kinda new to this whole affiliate marketing thing - so any advice would be super :)

There are specific “tags” used in the coding of website that are very important to search engines. These tags are: Title, Keyword, and Description tags

Title tag: Yes.

Meta Keywords tag: No. Ignored by search engines.

Meta Description tag: Yes. Doesn't help in SE ranking but important for click-through rates.

MI
Back