The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Yahoo vs Google

gkd_uk

Hi

A few months ago, I thought Yahoo would put up a challenge with Google and try to catch up. Now, I think Google are way too ahead and Yahoo will never catch up but will always remain silent.

What do you think?

Thanks

I think I mentioned somewhere before and I still think the same - the only way google will loose it's domination if there will be some huge loophole discovered in it's search algorithm.

Latest Google action against SERP manipulation just proves they also think along the same lines.

I dont think yahoo! has what it takes to catch up to google. There far to behind

Majority of Surfers rely on the Google but I shall say "Yahoo" is getting better and I have found many useful sites as compared to Google for many keywords.

Yahoo is too far away from Google, I dont think Yahoo can cash up because Google will not go asleep.

I like Google and I used it everyday just like Yahoo.. but I guess Google takes the lead and Yahoo was left behind.. but still there are chances and opportunities for Yahoo, though it will take time :)

On a personal note, I prefer Yahoo! over Google's results. I find them more relevant than Google's in some cases.

Google may be the worlds most popular SE, but not the best when it comes to relevant results.

Not by far.

KP

I was just checking traffic statistics for one of my sites and found interesting detail... Few month back traffic from Google search results was 3-4 times more than from Yahoo or MSN.

My site is ranked approximately the same on all engines for targeted terms. Last month statistics show that traffic from both Yahoo and Live (new MSN) have increased and now only 2 times less than from Google...
Number of visitors did not change a lot, so it means some users ARE switching away from Google and using one of main competitors...

I don't know if it's Google's loss or Yahoo's gain though... :confused:

In my opinion, Google is the unbeaten search engine. Every person likes Google because of its simplicity. This search engine is very easy to use and got informations about any topic immediately. Also it has many features.

-------------
King

Seeing as 80% of all internet searches are done on Google I would suggest there is very little to be gained by optimising for any other search engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
MI
Back