The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Yahoo Launches Site Focused on Women

temi

affiliate
Wether out of desperation or just by coincidence, Yahoo seem to be launching load of new products, a few weeks ago, they launch the social bookmarking site, a few days ago, a new site targeted at women was launch, more read more about this new site below:
Yahoo Inc. on Monday launched a site for women between ages 25 and 54, calling it a key demographic under served by current Yahoo properties. The site, Shine, is aimed largely at giving the struggling Internet company additional opportunities to sell advertising targeted to the key decision-maker in many households. Yahoo said advertisers in consumer-packaged goods, retail and pharmaceuticals have requested more ways to reach those consumers.
Amy Iorio, vice president for Yahoo Lifestyles, said internal research also shows women are looking for a site to combine various content and communications tools.

source/full story

I wrote an piece on this when it first came out. I personally am quite impressed with Shine. It looks and feels "feminine".

I also like the fact that Shine is a Meta-Vertical so it's nothing like the other content specific sites Yahoo! have.

For anyone that has a health and beauty site that is reading this post. I seriously recommend to get posting on Shine. It could bring serious and quality traffic to your site.

KP

Great Site launched by Yahoo it's been seen that they are considering and making new implementation according to their new updates.

The site is very impressive as after Yahoo Buzz!! it's the time for Shine.

I think it will be on par with OMG, if not better because it's more structured towards the "normal" females.

Interesting that Yahoo! are promoting it over there own brand tho..

KP

I'm ashamed to say it but it looks pretty good! But until I'm 25 I'm gonna stick to teamsugar :p they have a cakey bakey section! <3

banners
Back