The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Yahoo Directory Submission

shandeep82

affiliate
Dear Friends,
I hope to submit my new site to Yahoo directory for $299.
Is it good investment?
I really apreciate your comments.

I would love to say yes, but nope.

If you pay yahoo $299 for a directory listing, for say new york travel this should help your site get higher in the standard yahoo search rankings, if it did the $299 would be worth it. From what i know and i could be wrong, paying for a directory listing will not effect your search results.

I recently purchased the $299 yahoo directory listing for very good sites i have seen no positive result from this. I have however seen a great result from listing these sites on Best of the Web Best of the Web Directory

you are right.. you need more effort to do to have good search result aside paying yahoo for a directory listing

I would love to say yes, but nope.

If you pay yahoo $299 for a directory listing, for say new york travel this should help your site get higher in the standard yahoo search rankings, if it did the $299 would be worth it. From what i know and i could be wrong, paying for a directory listing will not effect your search results.

I recently purchased the $299 yahoo directory listing for very good sites i have seen no positive result from this. I have however seen a great result from listing these sites on Best of the Web Best of the Web Directory

From what i know and i could be wrong, paying for a directory listing will not effect your search results.

yep, I do agree with you. And, that's why I never prefer to pay to get listed in yahoo directory. There are many other ways to get good ranking.

I'd be sure that the niche and site make money before investing in the listing.

Rob, that is sage advice indeed. Test your site with PPC, or article marketing...or other methodology first...and see if you even have a site worth paying a directory submission for.

Yahoo Directory is a big waste of money, if you have the spare time you can accomplish the same objectives for FREE.

Not only that, but Google is not counting links in Y! Directory as much as they used to.

Watch for the price to come down, when MSN buys Y! on the cheap....

banners
Back