The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Work for money or pleasure?

What would you choose a job that brings a lot of money and no pleasure or a job that brings you pleasure but with very little income....

What is more important for you money or pleasure ???

The first one as it would be no pleasure at job ... but a lot of money to buy it after work. ;)

Money is pleasure, or it can certainly be turned into it.

Affiliate marketing seems like quite a pleasurable job so far, cause it stretches the brain in ways it wouldn't normally bother with.

What would you choose a job that brings a lot of money and no pleasure or a job that brings you pleasure but with very little income....

What is more important for you money or pleasure ???

It's not really an option - I NEED the money and I do enjoy a job more when I make money ;)

I'd choose pleasure and hope it makes me a living. It's one of those situations where you may want to jot down a cost-benefit analysis, where you write down the benefits of each and see which one you can think of mire benefits for. That's if you can't decide.

depends how much money I get. If I become rich, any job is good :D

but anyway, if there is just a slight difference, I prefer pleasure. Sooner or later we all have to die, and I want to die with a smile on my face :cool:

We spend at least a third of our lives working. If you can find a job you enjoy that meets your financial needs, the benefits to your overall life satisfaction are like gold.

Anytime that your work brings you pleasure and provides enough income, you've found the job that most people want.

Unfortunately most people settle for picking one of the two: satisfactory income, job they love.

Mike, I think that 99% of jobs fall in that category. I mean, you are obliged to get the job they propose you, or you follow your dreams and fail miserably :) (ok, a joke).

the problem is that the dream jobs are the ones anyone would like to have, because they are more creative, more cool, give more satisfaction and so on.

there's a lot of competition there. so huge challenges ahead but a lot of satisfaction.

the other jobs are easier, but boring and with little satisfaction: 99%.

here the challenge is different. the challenge is accepting a job you don't like.

I work for money. Pleasure is a whole other ball game.

I've pretty much lived my life in the lower middle class sector of things and I have to say that I'd be having a lot more fun if I were not so broke all of the time...

I have one family member that managed to escape the financial rut and is now responsible for directing and overseeing complex multifaceted programs specializing in intelligence, security services, staffing, training, K-9, life support, and operational requirements in the Middle East and Africa. He has managed over 400 million dollars in contracts, successfully mobilized over 6,000 personnel to various countries around the world, and has established several companies throughout Africa, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. (I stole that from his website :rolleyes: I hope he doesn't sue me...) Here's his most recent update:

Vanquish Worldwide Awarded Second Option Year for US Central Command $983 Million Multiple Award IDIQ Contract

He gives tons of money to help people in need, veterans, charities and things of that nature. Heck, he's even adopted some Ethiopian kids and bought one of them a Ferrari. Those are the things that would bring me the most pleasure, but he had to work for the money to make those things happen.

I think that Al Pacino had the right idea.

Sorry to keep rambling, but this story is really inspirational. It totally amazes me, but I know how this guy grew up. I was there. I can remember when I was a kid, me and all of the kids in my family would be so happy when my aunt got her food stamps at the first of the month. We knew that it was going to be like a family reunion every time.

We'd all pile into the station wagon and she'd take all of the one dollar food coupons out and give each of us one. We'd all go running into the store to buy the cheapest piece of candy that we could find usually 3 - 5 (on a good day)cents while she sat out in the car. The cashier would give us the change back in cash which my aunt would then use to fill up her gas tank. We usually got our little racket shut down by the cashier after 3 or 4 of us made it through the line and got back to the car to turn in our change so we'd usually have to hit a few stores to polish off all of the coupons. I think that little things like that are what drive all of us kids that remember those times to be successful in adulthood.

I guess that my point is that if you have money, pleasure is more easily attainable. If you work hard and invest wisely, you can do whatever you want and if that doesn't make you happy, nothing will.

As my favorite quote is that "The only way do do great job is to love want you do", i would definitely choose pleasure of course! Firstly, your income might not be so high but working on something you like it's easier to succeed personal and professional development so become better on your work. Therefore, in next jobs your income will be better (hopefully :)) as you will have been more skillful.

For me , my time is more important than money. I'd be happier sitting in a log cabin in Alaska looking out at the snow falling than doing the daily grind with the rest of the world.

banners
Back