The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Will this medical niche generate me profits?

Meanna Blog

affiliate
Hi guys. I've been trying to make money in the make 'money online niche', which i've realised now is WAY too saturated.

Someone told me to look at what i'm passionate about or know a lot about to find a good niche.

So my new idea (this may sound odd) is a particular medical condition. It's something that i've had, suffered and overcome in the last 10 years. It's not a 'passion' as such, but is something i've known and experienced.

I've checked google's keyword tool.

Psoriasis has a search volume of 110,000

Psoriasis Treatment has a search volume of 9,900

I can create sites, write articles etc etc. I'm not really sure beyond this how to work out the effectiveness of a term and I dont want to waste your valuble time...

How do I know if i'm onto something??

Hi Meanna,

Glad to see you realized make money is the wrong market to start with. Health niches can be good if it's something you've suffered and know about it's easier to write the content.

What you need to focus on too is not just how many people search for it but how competitive it is. Also WHO you are competing with.

Search it like this: Google allintitle: "key words in quotes" to find out how many pages actually have your KW in their title tag. The magic number depends on how good you are at SEO and stuff. I'd say if you are a real newbie and it's under 10,000 it may be OK for you to start with.

BUT Also see who's at the top of Google if you just do a raw search for key phrase without quotes. That way you see the top sites someone would find if they are searching. If the 1st 2 pages are Webmd, Mayo clinic, news and other authority sites it may be hard for you to get traffic.

NEXT look if there is good potential to monetize the niche. Is there anything with a decent order size? Natural lotions and potions may have a low price tag or not have an affiliate program so you need to look at that too. If there is a high paying per lead program for a free trial of something, that could be good or even a good high paying ebook on how to treat the condition.

I know of some conditions where there really is nothing except prescription medications. There may be vitamins or creams that could help but they only cost $12 so at 8% commish, you can go buy them at Walgreens and you'd have to sell a ton to make any money. So you need to look at all those factors.

The other option is to search Google for key phrase without quotes and see if there are lots of Adwords ads. If so, there are tools where you can get an idea about how much people are paying for the ads. Could be some pharma companies are paying $4 a click and you could do decent making money with Adsense.

I think this is the cleanest step by step example I have put together with free tools and links to them all.

<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/newbie-affiliate-forum/12699-newbie-interested-affiliate-programs.html#post38278" target="_blank">Step by step Key word research to evaluate niche</a>

In addition to search count, you need to research the number of search results and R/S (or KEI) for each keyword. If you plan on conducting PPC then you can add bid amounts and the number of ads.

Do some reading on 'long tail keywords' before doing anything else.

banners
Back