The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Will Google Acquire Twitter???

Linda Buquet

affiliate
I think it makes perfect sense for Google since Twitter has become such a big part of people's online lives.

<a href="http://www.marketingpilgrim.com/2009/03/googles-double-talk-practically-guarantees-it-will-acquire-twitter.html">Google’s Double-talk Practically Guarantees It Will Acquire Twitter</a>

So there you have it! Google will acquire Twitter!

I know, I know, Schmidt didn’t actually say that, but since when does Google ever clearly express its intentions? "No intention," "unlikely," and "no plans" are all standard issue for Google’s executives and time after time the search engine proves that it plays word-games with the media.

Well if this speculation is true or Google has any plan of acquiring Twitter it's a good choice for them, since lots of people are connected with twitter.

I think it makes perfect sense for Google since Twitter has become such a big part of people's online lives.

I think it will happen. Google usually watches for key players in the social marketing scene that it can use to compliment what it already has (a la YouTube)...

I wouldn't be surprised if one day...it either creates or acquires a full-on social network.

In adding to my post above...Orkut isn't quite fully developed yet...but could become Google's social network :)

I just remembered to included Orkut.

what would they do with it though? Just place ads on the side of every twitter with some relevant text? I know a big part of twitter is the mobile aspect and so it would be harder to format the adsense text to the twitter mobile format.

I don't see Google acquiring twitter at this moment of time. But may be they could purchase it. Btw. facebook is coming up with new concept to take on twitter.

In adding to my post above...Orkut isn't quite fully developed yet...but could become Google's social network :)

I just remembered to included Orkut.
But Orkut has been around for a long time now - about 5 years, I believe, if not more. It caught on in Brazil but really nowhere else. MySpace drowned them in North America and since then Facebook has emerged. Even Yahoo is eclipsing Orkut. I just don't see it going anywhere at all by this point.

But Orkut has been around for a long time now - about 5 years, I believe, if not more. It caught on in Brazil but really nowhere else. MySpace drowned them in North America and since then Facebook has emerged. Even Yahoo is eclipsing Orkut. I just don't see it going anywhere at all by this point.

Yeah I know, they have been around quite a while...guess Google thought they were the boost that Orkut needed to be competitive. No changes yet.

I read an interesting article recently about the problem to owners of social networking services like Twitter and Facebook. The author suggested that the problem is that these owners have focused on and been successful at building up a large user base but they have not as yet been able to significantly monetize that userbase.

So we now have the situation where millions of people are updating their friends and followers on Twitter and Facebook... but apparently not very many of them are clicking on ads.

I don't the boys at twitter will sell it very soon, however, if it was a good time to sell twitter it's now while it's probably the hottest social networking platform

Google could acquire twitter if they want to. It's a marketing strategy. First of all, Google until now have no social-networking website. This is possible yet unconvincing.

Google doesn't have a history of doing well in social networking.

Buzz is dying fast. All that accomplished was the likelihood of some legal action over privacy issues.

Their last attempt was popular in Brazil but died with a loud thud everywhere else.

Twitter have turned down a major offer from Facebook, and received major funding despite not actively looking for it. But still, Twitter has buzz and users, and now they need some monetization leverage. They probably won't get it unless they team up with a company like Google. Plus they get the scale and such for free.

Biz Stone and Even willaims (founder of twitter) had earlier sold BLOGGER to google. In this way, it's likely that they will soon sold out twitter to who else, but GOogle.

banners
Back