The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Why your Google rankings drop and what you can do about it

Hey! I am really concerned about the latest update by Google after EMD and panda 23. This also has affected many SEO companies and Google has not yet revealed about the latest update that what it is actually all about...
Any idea about this to anyone over here?

There may be more than 1 reason:

1- Google Dancing: If your site is new, you will see sharp falls; give it couple of months and you will be back on track

2-You haven't uploaded any quality content lately (if you are copy & pasting constantly, this might have a negative effect)

3-Last but not least, it might take too long to uplod your page and number of visitors are decreasing related to that.

I agree that content needs to be kept relevant and fresh. I believe having a news/blog section within your website can really help do this. If you write articles that are relevant to what your website is trying to promote, but also to current affairs in general, this can help increase back links to your page. If the information is good then people will stay on the page longer and be driven to click on other tabs on your website.

if too much new content, site will be recalculated, refiltered. And you should wait ... nothing to do else...

I "injected" about 800 pages about countries. Common amount of page is about 30 000.
Traffic went down after few days.

Hello

I had site with 30 000 pages. I wanted remove non unique content, which generated low traffic, mostly songs. I disabled theese pages using robots.txt. Traffic "escaped" 3 times after one week, and google begun to "calculate"... After 3 months I have 8000 pages, and i don't see better traffic. Amount of pages stabilized one month ago. Sometimes traffic increases 2-3 times and goes down again, making me very nervous :(

I got hit big time with the SEO update for local SEO. THis update rewarded directory listings like Manta. The truth is SEO work is a never ending job. Focus on high page rank do follow sites.

Your Google rankings drops in case:
1. You are using stale content.
2. You are using black hat SEO techniques
3. You are being penalized
4. Your website takes a lot of time to load

You can get to know that by many tools available.

nice content, thanks for sharing :) One thing can also happen if your ranking drops - your competitors became better than you ;)

Yes, or algorithm changes leave you behind because your site and your SEO strategies stay the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Google is constantly changing its algorithm the reason why drop in ranking occurs. There are other factors too but the main reason is of the algorithm

First checked out your webmaster if your website having some crawl errors or some indexing or sitemap error than your site will surely go down. What you have to do is resolve those errors and re-index your website.

The second important thing that you need to do is to check your bounce rate. High bounce rate will lead to rank drop of a website.

The third and last one is to avoid spam.

google doesn't support PR any more the era of SEO is Authority and it is too hard to do these days but it is the only way

No that's incorrect. PageRank (PR) is still an important part of Google's algorithms.

What has changed is that Google no longer makes public PR available for display. They hadn't been updating public PR for years before they recently and finally cut off the source entirely.

It's still there and still important but now only Google knows what it is for any given web page.

Interesting discussion here. I've not yet experienced a real drop in rank, over the medium term obviously, day to day the positions bounce a round a little but usually only a few positions or so. I think the point about fresh content is important, however this also relates to what type of site you have. If you are reviewing products and the products become out of date then obviously that review page will fall down the popularity stakes over time.

Ranking of a website depends on various factors. There are two types of ranking drop:

keyword Drop: majorly keyword drop depends upon lost of traffic, your website content is not focused on keyword or your competitors are doing well

Overall website drop: Your overall website ranking depends upon Domain age, Domain authority, website content quality, activity and overall popularity.
there could be change in search algorithm as well or you are charge with google penalty.

In my experience the reason behind ranking drop is your on page seo or content and its also depend on your competitors. If they are doing well then they surely get high rank in google SERP.

Yes we know , Content is king of seo , But there could be other reason of ranking down just like backlinking from low quality site , website speed is big issue now a a days , keyword placement .

MI
Back