The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Why your Google rankings drop and what you can do about it

Google constantly updates their search algorithm and keep us webmasters under pressure. Only what we can is to accept that changes in this business are only constant and try to be updated. SEO and link building before 3 years and now are totally 2 different things. And all predicitions from best SEO experts are that in future changes will be more frequent and more painful for all who don't adapt on time.

atleast 2 weeks after the Panda update, my website rankings dropped in SERPS ( bigtime )....especially the shopping websites....I guess with all Google updates, it all boils down to one thing - content

now i have to add more fresh content to my sites

when the site ranking drops it is frustrating to anyone, Google does love fresh content but they are also always changing things around so it can be hard to keep up
quality is king though so following your advice is sure to be helpful
for me, our site seems to do well on google but I am looking for info on how to get other Amazon sellers to list our product, Dr Dogs Ear Oil on their sites, if anyone can direct me as to where a post can be done like for introducing others to products for promoting it would be appreciated. we are getting quite a few bloggers and pet sites picking it up using social networks but would like a way to let Amazon affiliates find it easier
meanwhile, we keep working to keep the site in the top of search results pages and follow your advice
thanks

Nice information! I know that when you allow your site to go stale, it REALLY hurts the rankings! Fresh and UNIQUE content is huge! Thanks!

I have big problem :mad:

I start create my website 2 mounth ago. In 2 weks my website come to first 10 in google. Now the two weeks I not worked on optimizing and my website drop on 400 place in google. What can I doo?

I start create my website 2 mounth ago. In 2 weks my website come to first 10 in google. Now the two weeks I not worked on optimizing and my website drop on 400 place in google. What can I doo?

This is normal behavior for a new site. The "top 10" rank you saw at first is what's sometimes called "the new site boost", where it ranks higher than it should because the search engine is still exploring the site and linkls pointing to the site. Once the site and its backlinks are more fully spidered, it drops to a more accurate level in the search engine results.

This could also be the result of changes in the weighting of your backlinks. People who relied heavily on article repository sites have seen their own sites drop drastically following the Panda updates.

The remedy is to keep working on creating new content on your site and on diversity in building links.

I totally agree with all the points you made. However, I personally find that having fresh content is not really a big factor. But, updating your site is a big factor, and by updating, I mean anything that changes your page, even if its a comment that you reply to or adding a new image to the post or what have you.

There are several reason to drop down the google ranking. Like:
1.Too Much Similar Anchor Text,
2.Page Too Well Aligned with a Term,
3.Scrape You Very Much,
4.Site Too Aligned With a Term,
5.Too Many Reciprocal Links,
6.Getting Banned & Manual or Automated Penalties,
7.Duplicate Content & Wasted PageRank etc.

1.Too Much Similar Anchor Text

Possibly, if it signals to Google that you are buying links.

2.Page Too Well Aligned with a Term,

What do you mean by this? Too many repetitions iof a keyword on a page?

3.Scrape You Very Much,

What do you mean?

4.Site Too Aligned With a Term,

What does this mean and how is it different from #2?

5.Too Many Reciprocal Links,

Reciprocal links have never been a problem, as long as the links are relevant to the page.

6.Getting Banned & Manual or Automated Penalties,

Yes.

7.Duplicate Content & Wasted PageRank etc.

There is no duplicate content penalty. What do you mean by "wasted PageRank"?

Last edited by a moderator:
Few reasons for this problem

It could be a lot of reasons. Maybe google found dublicate content on site. Or maybe some backlinks from good sites were broken. Or maybe internal linking was changed.

Joomla Real Estate

Yeah, building a strategy based primarily on articles turned out to be somewhat disastrous after the new Panda update. A diverse "portfolio" of links is still the way to go...time-consuming though it may be.

Penalty penalty.. May I ask what about autoblogging, semi auto blogging sites? what do you think will happen to them. Or affiliate sites that displays products such as from Amazon, CJ etc.. but contents purely comes from different products. I heard that many shopping blogs were deeply affected?

Penalty penalty.. May I ask what about autoblogging, semi auto blogging sites? what do you think will happen to them. Or affiliate sites that displays products such as from Amazon, CJ etc.. but contents purely comes from different products. I heard that many shopping blogs were deeply affected?

All of the types of sites you've mentioned definitely have been and will continue to be negatively affected by algorithm updates from Google.

And for any affiliate displaying products from Amazon, etc, your best bet is always to write/create as much original content as possible for your own website. Not only for SEO purposes, but also because if you don't, you're not giving visitors any reason to be at your site instead of Amazon or one of the big guys.

1. You dont have enough backlinks
2. Improve your content
3. Get better keywords for your niche.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

1. Submit your site monthly
2. Keep Content Fresh and lots of it.
3. The more valued backlinks you can get the more google likes your site
4. Make sure your keywords match your niche

MI
Back