The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Why your Google rankings drop and what you can do about it

I would never rely on the paid links or posts. This is temporary. Better deal with unique and interesting content and people would start linking to you at once!

I have found that to be true but in my personal opinion that is not necessarily always the case ... there are times when I go to a site despite the content and design, simply because I am familiar with the site and trust that I will get value out of it or am entertained by it ... there are better sites out there, but I keep coming back to the same site because I am comfortable

Just try to have interchangeable text on your home-page. Google does understand that some pages need to be left unchanged for information consistency. But your homepage is most important, focus on optimizing and updating it at least once a week.

how much do you actually change in a given week? do you change just a little or do you make significant changes?

i usually make minor changes, mostly in text and keep images fresh. if your looking for things to update with just think about anything that is newsworthy for your company or whatever type of site you have.

ok, that makes sense ... so not like a complete overhaul or anything, just really an update as to anything new going on or changes, etc.

yep, back-links will be lost along your websites "life-time" i just started last week getting new back-links from this forum and a few others and already have noticed a decline. but try to update your homepage at least once a week, maybe change page titles, headers, and minor content changes.

I nver update everything on my site in one go. I always do a bit by bit so the content is always fresh, because if you update everything and leave nothing tomorrow the crawlers will not come as often as it should to your site?

Saabs, sounds like a good plan. I update regularly, huwever just found that I finally put one of my websites on WP finally, (I couldn't get myself to doing it for a long time) and that changed the whole structure and everything, submitted the sitemap, feed to Google, it did not drop at all, its SERP increased significantly! I was expecting it to disappear from Google alltogether, but didn't.

On-site and off-site SEO is equally important. I usually check the backlinks and spend half the time on on-site SEO and half on off-site. A good squidoo lens or hub can get you back on track when you feel Google lost you!

Pretty good article, nice read. Definitely one of the most important aspects of losing ranks I have found in seo is that inbound links from other websites lose their value for some reason such as they change their link structure or Google feels that they are no longer as strong a link and so you lose that 'link juice'.

This is why consistent link building is needed so that you are constanlty acquiring new links and so if you do lose a few its no big deal.

Again good article buddy!

It all depends on how you react. And the attitude of the affiliate marketer. If you think of giving up there is no chance you are going to make any money online. Obstacles come and the difference between people who succeed and who do not is how they handle them. Google rankings change, but you can get back, if you are determined. However if you are trying to use it as an excuse to stop doing SEO, you will get nowhere.

I just wanted to get this out to anyone who needs a bit of motivation, SEO works, sometimes you need to overcome things but remember: it is bringing in Free Targeted traffic.

Good luck everyone!

Laura

MI
Back