The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Why your Google rankings drop and what you can do about it

Yeah, updating websites more frequently will help you in SERP. Just don't play with title tags and other tags also try to add more and more Unique/Fresh content to your website and bring quality backlink for your website which will boost traffic in long run :)

Yeah, updating websites more frequently will help you in SERP. Just don't play with title tags and other tags also try to add more and more Unique/Fresh content to your website and bring quality backlink for your website which will boost traffic in long run :)

What do you mean by "don't play with title tags and other tags"? If you add new pages to your site, each page should have a unique title tag and meta description tag.

What do you mean by "don't play with title tags and other tags"? If you add new pages to your site, each page should have a unique title tag and meta description tag.

David, I mean to say... Avoid amending title tags of webpages very often just to boost SERP rather keep them in harmony in webpage content.
Yeah, it's recommended to have unique Title tag for each page. Just my two cents !!!

While creating fresh content will help, subtle differences in your index page can make a difference in the rankings on google. There might have just been a small change but perhaps thats what the search engine was looking at. Also you need to take into account others are also adding sites which could cause yours to drop w'out any change on your part.

making changes to the website is one of the best way, where Google loves it and indexes fresh content and unique content. Even the crawl rate and bots will be visiting the website very often when doing changes on regular basis. I agree with Minstrel's points and i feel Internal Link Structure plays a vital role in website navigation.

I have a question, on the websites I manage I have blogs attached to them which I update regularly. However, the actual sites content is rarely updated.
For example
http://www.mysite.com/wordpress
I update the link above for example regularly. Is it still important to update the website's content? Or adding fresh content to the blog is enough?

how often do I need to "refresh" my website? is it fine if I only update the articles section by adding new articles? or do I need to update majority of the pages?

No, you don't have to update everything. Keeping the information current and adding new pages is sufficient.

If I understand your question, yes. You don't have to edit or change existing content... just add new content.

I think it's best if you add to both the root site and the nlog occasionally but not necessarily with the same frequency.

5 Reasons Your Google Rankings Can Drop (And How To Overcome Each Of Them)
by Court
April 15th, 2009

1. You lose the fresh content bonus.
  2. Your internal link structure changes.
  3. The link structure on sites that are linking to you changes.
  4. Duplicate [i.e., stolen] content.
  5. Your site becomes stale.

See full article for details

Thanks, minstrel!
That helps. Do you know anything about search results being decreased? I bet Google is still making changes. My KW used to have 890.000 results and I had to post 3-4 times a week and bookmark to stay on page 1. Now they reduced it to 270.000. I rank no. 1 without an effort. Is this a bonus I should be happy about or is it likely to change?

The question is: why is my SERP increasing? Is it the opposite reasons?

Google's algorithms are constantly evolving. How are you checking number of pages indexed?

Google's algorithms are constantly evolving. How are you checking number of pages indexed?
I check results and SERP on Google search but not exact search. I have noticed that my SERP usually shows higher on my Google webmaster account for loads of keywords I usually don't even see myself on Page one. I get my posts indexed literally in 2 minutes on WP, as have SEO Plugin and some good bookmarking /Pinging services automated every time I post.

Yes, the problem with the sites that links to your web site is big problem. When someone desides to change design and the links are gone. :( sad

MI
Back