The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Why your Google rankings drop and what you can do about it

When I say fresh content, I guess I was more so speaking of a blog.

I guess with a site, there's not much you can actually do to keep adding content. I think with a site, you'd need to focus mainly on keywords and backlinks. But then again.. I'm a noob at this too so I won't guarantee on that lol.

I'm not entirely sure how I'd change the content other than just rewriting static pages - would that really work?? Surely there are more effective ways.

When I say fresh content, I guess I was more so speaking of a blog.

I guess with a site, there's not much you can actually do to keep adding content.

No with a static site you can keep adding fresh content. Add new pages with articles. You are a writer, write articles about writing (like how to craft an attention getting title) that gives just a couple tips but leaves them wanting more - your service. Write articles about copywriting for different industries that you want to attract. Do keyword research about copywriting and ghost writing type keywords and find out what related topics people search for and write articles about that. Lots you can do to add fresh content that will pull in both spiders and new visitors!

You could add all the above as static pages, or better yet start a blog (on the same domain).
Search engines like blogs a lot!

I agree with Linda! I've seen many sites that include a blog on their domain, and I'm more likely to visit the blog instead of read what's written on the static page anyway! I guess it's just the blogger in me. :)

IMO,

I've had my site up for about 6 months...no drop in SERP's but I do have a lot of backlinks. I think backlinks is the key...I could be wrong, but just my opinion. I'll be testing that out with some more experiments though.

Not just backlinks: Backlinks from related content and backlinks with keywords as anchor text.

And then make sure the anchor text is matched by on page content.

I have started losing my google rankings and I bet it is not because of the reasons mentioned in this thread. I think my site dropped in rankings because my competitors have started doing well than me.

You know I sort of found a counter-intuitive answer lately. My strongest website (main money site) had a ranking drop lately, but I was doing a ton of promotion. It seemed like the more I did, the more my website got stuck in the quicksand. I forced myself to keep updating it, but to do promotion for other website - and leave this one alone for a couple of weeks. It sort of came back on its own.

For the other site I worked on, I made sure it had a different IP than the main website, but did have one link to it. It seemed like attacking the problem "sideways" rather than head on.... had a positive affect, and my SE traffic and rankings are back to the main site.

Adding fresh content on regular basis in a blog under similar domain is really a helpful way to get high ranking in Google! I've experienced this. Actaully fresh content and quality links matter a lot for Google.

Keep your contents update it will really improve your ranking..

My initial reaction after reading that statement was thinking to myself, "That isn't true." But after thinking about it for a moment, I realized, in an indirect sort of way, it is true.

Let me explain: If you write quality content, and keep it updated, you will, in fact attract more quality websites to link to your site. And those quality links will help improve your ranking in the search engines.

Granted, charactereducation never mentioned anything about quality content. But if you read deeper into the statement like I did, instead of dismissing it outright, the basis of the statement is correct - in an indirect sort of way. ;)

David Jackson

Been experiencing such thing for quite some time now. Happy to know the causes as well as ways to stop or reduce the lost of back links.

Nice article. I have a doubt about the 1st point on the fresh content. What is the average for updating? How many times a month/year for avoid being penalized by google?

Thanks!

Nice article. I have a doubt about the 1st point on the fresh content. What is the average for updating? How many times a month/year for avoid being penalized by google?

Well there is no exact pattern you should follow, just keep updating your site with fresh content. If you really can post new fresh content to your site each month, why not? go ahead. Of course, this will be great.

Adding new content can cause your site to plummet too, mine dropped from No4 to No564 overnight a day ago. All I did was add a couple of new pages.

It's been stable for ages and hopefully will come back quickly. Crazy !!

MI
Back