The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Why Pay Per View Is Better Then PPC?

Dead Pool

affiliate
There are several reasons why pay per view has great impact on the marketers then pay per click. First of all the cost. We all know that pay per view has lower rates than any other traffic.

For the marketers they don't want to brand so in this sense we should not promote our product via pay per view. Because people are seldom clicking on ads. Alright, lets calculate for 1000$ traffic.

Suppose you have run PPC campaign on Bing and the CPC cost is 0.15$. I think this is the minimum. So how many clicks have you got from Bing by 1000$? Is it 6000 right?

On the other hand, let we choose a network which is eCPM based and the cost of tire two or three country per 1000 views is $1. So how many views we can get against $1000? 1000000. Let's say the CTR rates will be 1%. Then you'll get click around 10000.

So how many clicks did you get from PPC? 6000 and how much from PPV? 10000. Which means you get maximum profit from PPV right?

Last edited:
Nice analysis.

Pretty true, but the eCPM should vary a lot depending on targeting, but PPV is better in my opinion too.

There are several reasons why pay per view has great impact on the marketers then pay per click. First of all the cost. We all know that pay per view has lower rates than any other traffic.

For the marketers they don't want to brand so in this sense we should not promote our product via pay per view. Because people are seldom clicking on ads. Alright, lets calculate for 1000$ traffic.

Suppose you have run PPC campaign on Bing and the CPC cost is 0.15$. I think this is the minimum. So how many clicks have you got from Bing by 1000$? Is it 150 right?

On the other hand, let we choose a network which is eCPM based and the cost of tire one country per 1000 views is $3. So how many views we can get against $1000? 333333+ approx. Let's say the CTR rates will be 0.3%. Then you'll get click around 999.

So how many clicks did you get from PPC? 150 and how much from PPV? 999. Which means you get maximum profit from PPV right?
Thank you for showing some nice logic against ppc. But I found the quality of PPC traffic is better then PPV. Don't you think?

My friend u are making a hudge mistake
By 0.15$ with 1000$ you gonna get (1000/0.15) != what u said brother kkk calc again

Suppose you have run PPC campaign on Bing and the CPC cost is 0.15$. I think this is the minimum. So how many clicks have you got from Bing by 1000$? Is it 150 right?

On the other hand, let we choose a network which is eCPM based and the cost of tire one country per 1000 views is $3. So how many views we can get against $1000? 333333+ approx. Let's say the CTR rates will be 0.3%. Then you'll get click around 999.

So how many clicks did you get from PPC? 150 and how much from PPV? 999. Which means you get maximum profit from PPV right?
I think your calculation is slightly mistaken. Because in PPV traffic you'll get at least 1% of CTR rates which means you'll get 3000 clicks. If you choose tire 2 countries you'll get $1 for per impression so the cost will deduce.

Yourt math is way off my friend. In your calculation, you'll get 6,666 clicks on the Bing campaign (1000$/0.15$CPC)

PPV and Search are both pull channels i.e. people look for the product/service so CTRs and CR will often be very comparable. What will be different is the CPC you have to bid in order to get a click as search (especially google) has way more competition on it than PPV.

Another thing to consider is the user intent.

No one wants to see Pop ups. PPV is interruption marketing where you actually the interrupt the users activity and make them see your ad. So the user intent is low is here.

On the other hand in PPC, the user reads your ad and if its interests him, he clicks thru to your landing page. So the user intent much higher and targeted to the your offer.

Sorry everyone my calculation was wrong. But PPC is more costly then PPV. I do agree with that POP ads are a most annoyed thing to the user but for banner ads are quite impressive if you target the URL.

MI
Back