The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Why IE8 is better than Firefox, Chrome, or Safari

That's not true: see Add-ons Gallery

IE8 supports some features of CSS3. Last time I looked, no browser yet fully supported CSS3, although it's possible that's changed.

IE9, in development, will fully support CSS3 andf HTML5.
Thanks for pointing out these. I was using IE for very short time and I have never seen link to their "Add-ons gallery". Well FireFox supports CSS3 nearly after it was "released". I hate IE mainly because all of my websites look very bad in it.

I hate IE mainly because all of my websites look very bad in it.

They really shouldn't if they're properly designed, and if they do you need to worry about that. Firefox may be gaining ground but the majority of people on the internet are still using some version of IE so your pages better look good to them or you're losing money.

They really shouldn't if they're properly designed, and if they do you need to worry about that. Firefox may be gaining ground but the majority of people on the internet are still using some version of IE so your pages better look good to them or you're losing money.
Well, you're right. Many people are using IE explorer, but the majority of them only because it comes preinstalled with windows (95%) and the rest just likes it more (like you). I always hire professional designers and they make sure that the pages are displayed well in older IE versions too but sometimes it is very hard to optimize it. ;)

Doesn't matter why they're using IE - just that they are.

I use IE regularly and keep Firefox, Opera, and Chrome installed to test for browser quirks.

Doesn't matter why they're using IE - just that they are.

I use IE regularly and keep Firefox, Opera, and Chrome installed to test for browser quirks.
You're right (I've said this like 3-4 times today). I focus on optimizing my websites to the major browsers too because I want to make sure that the visitors don't get a non-quality page after they visit my website. I have checked Analytics after your post and it seems that 30% of my visitors are using Internet Explorer. (furniture website)

30% seems low. Most sites are seeing 50-70% IE and it used to be more like 90%.

What are your other visitors using?

30% seems low. Most sites are seeing 50-70% IE and it used to be more like 90%.

What are your other visitors using?
Yes it is very low and I'm happy because even if my websites don't look ugly in IE, they look way better in FireFox.
Well:
FireFox: 37%
Opera: 13%
Chrome: 11%
Other: 9%

What do you think?:)

banners
Back