Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Why IE8 is better than Firefox, Chrome, or Safari

D

djbaxter

Internet Explorer 8 Offers Improved Privacy and Security
by Rob Vamosi, PC World
Feb 10, 2009

Here's a look at some of the key features that will be included in IE 8, and why companies may be better off using it than Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.

... IE 8's capabilities will either match or exceed those of the other browsers. Here's a comparative look at some of the key features to be included in IE 8...

• Easy to Deploy
  • Better Productivity
  • Private Browsing
  • Better Security
  • Cross-Site Scripting and Other Demons

In light of its robust new features and the ease with which it can be deployed, IE 8 appears poised to be the most network-ready browser of the bunch.

...more

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing that. I'm a die hard IE user and only recently forced myself to use Firefox (I like it, just hard to change). The improvements listed in that article sounds like there will be some great tools incorporated in IE8. I'm especially interested in seeing how the "web slices" work.

I am a Firefox user and it's been a long time since I used the IE, but I am open for anything and will definitely give it a try to IE8

It's still only in the Release Candidate stage so I'll wait for the final release and let others do the debugging for me. :)

True. I was just checking it out and reading more about it. I will wait for that to come out of the beta before downloading.

I personally use IE for everything. Ive tried firefox and just cant make the change over so i will stick to IE for now, until ive had time to mull through the others.

I personally use IE for everything. Ive tried firefox and just cant make the change over so i will stick to IE for now, until ive had time to mull through the others.

I'm the same. I have customized toolbars and built-in IE features that I use all the time and when I try to use another browser I find I'm constantly trying to find those features...

I suppose it's partly what you get used to but for all the foo-furrah about security, which is the reason most people who have switched to Firefox did so, the fundamental reality is that old saying about the only real defense against malware lies between keyboard and chair.

The last version of IE that I installed (IE 7)--- crashes upon opening.

that's why I'm loyal to Chrome, its the only crash-free browser!

I'm happy for you...

but you've clearly missed the numerous reports of individuals who cannot even get Chrome to install without crashing.

i think IE8 will bring in a lot of things that they should've brought in earlier, in particular proper following of web standards (well, almost proper) ...

i switched to firefox and the thing i like about it the ability to use add-ons etc ... i have no doubt the browser war will heat up a lot, microsoft, as always, remembering how to be innovative when they start losing market share :)

Well i don't think IE8 is better than all other browsers. I am still using my firefox. Its the best browser which i had ever seen. I love to go with my firefox.

I think IE8 is better than firefox. Still waiting for the beta version but in the meantime I'm l using chrome.

Many of the listed features are already implemented in Firefox long time ago. I don't think I will ever switch to Internet Explorer because FF offers much more features than IE. (For example there are no IE plug-ins) IE makes my sites to look bad because it dosen't supports CSS3 (and all of my websites are have CSS3). I hope the new version is more stable and the websites have less problems (so I will won't spend hard time on optimizating my website)

banners
Back